celtic green
Years ago

Sacramento; the Maloofs are doing long term damage

Can't believe the Sac-Hou trade; Robinson (no.5 draft pick this year) for Patterson (plus filler). All so the Maloofs can save $3 million.
I know he was not playing that well but he is young and a rookie and playing for a horrible team where he is probably not learning the ropes very well. Has to be just about the worst situation he can be in for his career.
Does anyone else think going to Houston will turn it around for him? Working with professionals who work their asses off (Harden, Lin, Asik, Parsons) and working with one of the great PF of all time? I think Robinson will be the beast everyone was thinking he might become in about 3 years

Topic #30928 | Report this topic

Beekayz  
Years ago

I agree with just about everything you wrote.

Keep in mind that Houston have a history of trading for under-performing high draft picks (the NBL's own Jonny Flynn for example) so it hasn't always worked. However, this time they've gotten Robinson a lot earlier in his career than with the other players, so it is less of a risk and on the right team he could be a dominant player.

Asik and Robinson will be a formidable rebounding combo and hopefully Robinson will show his gratitude to Houston for getting him off a god-awful excuse for a team.

Reply #406203 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

great trade for Houston. Patterson is decent. I actually like him a bit. But he's basically maxed out in terms of potential IMO. Robinson I can see being a 16/9 bruiser inside if he continues to be paired with vets and leaders around him to keep him on track. Fell terrible for Patterson though to go to that hole of a franchise

Reply #406210 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Got to say I think Morey should get Executive of the year for the last 6 months he has had. Signs Lin and Asik for fairly good deals (for their production at the moment) and did it in a smart way so their teams could not match. Then goes out and gets the best young SG in the game for not a lot, then picks up Robinson for this. I really like all these trades and I think Houston is building a team that will be able to contend in a couple more seasons

Reply #406224 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Decent article regarding the trade etc from a Sacramento fanatic:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/sacramento-kings-weirdly-send-thomas-robinson-houston-rockets-040603051--nba.html

As a Houston fan I loved this trade - Morey must be laughing all the way to the bank - but can't help but feel bad for the Kings: this was a terrible basketball decision, and even worse ownership decision for the 'Sacramento' Kings.

I feel for their loyal fans.

Reply #406235 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754