CT
Years ago

36ers - Taipans tickets $10 each

Not sure if this has been picked up on before. 36ers must be desperate to get bums on seats for the Taipans game on the 9th of March.

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/94937

If I can find a silly bargain flight ticket I'm tempted to go down with a few mates. Judging by the state of the crowd the last time I watched a 36ers game on TV I reckon 3 or 4 drunk Queenslanders can make a lot more noise than the home crowd :-)

It's also a bit sad reading some of the comments on that link.. says a lot about the public perception of basketball in Australia right now.

Topic #30953 | Report this topic

Speed44  
Years ago

Yep, those comments stink.

The last time the Sixers did this, they got 5000+ to the game (Vs Tigers). Maybe this should tell them that if they drop their prices and promote it, people may return.

Reply #406521 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Someone should tell lordsugar that you can look at pictures of exotic destinations and not even have to fly overseas. Great attitude about the couch...

Sixers would obviously like big crowds but can't offer deals like this too often without offending season ticket holders.

Reply #406533 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

I'm a season ticket holder and I'd rather see the place packed.
I say $10 tickets at the door for every game and sell the place out as then demand for tickets increases and the value of season tickets is greater. Even free entry from half time could work.
Make money from merc and the crazy priced food n drinks.
It's all about demand and if no one goes paying or not the season tickets seem devalued.

Reply #406537 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

If the $10 tickets are all upstairs in silver, as a gold member, i dont think I would complain about that. Even if they were on the bottom deck on the four corners, beats an empty stadium

Reply #406551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is the $10 tickets are never upstairs in silver but always in the lower bowl where I sit. Every week there is someone with free/$10 tickets next to me, what message does that send to me about getting season tickets?

Would be all for it if they filled the upper concourse, instead it's another front office stuff up.

Reply #406552 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'552, every week? Haven't seen these deals more than a few times this season.

Reply #406553 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Im a season ticket holder and i wouldnt be offended. Im just aoffended by the pathetic coaching and shocking decision to keep these 'coaches" in the position they are.

Reply #406559 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Diamon Simpson playing ... awesome!

Dribbling, dunking, blind passing, squaring up...

Yup, basketball!

Put on a blue shirt, pull on your high-top sneakers, add some bling and get yourself to the Adelaide Arena, Findon, on Saturday 9th March with this slam dunk of a deal, Spreeters… only $10 for your ticket to catch the Adelaide 36ers − live in action − take on the Cairns Taipans (ordinarily $28, so that's a generous saving!)

So get behind your home team - and wave your flag around like you mean it!

Catch in action top Adelaide players such as Stephen Weigh and Diamon Simpson. The competition is really heating up in the basketball world right now, being into Round 22 of the comp.

So, get in before the season’s over and you’ve missed out for another year!

Order your ticket and simply enter your home address and your tickets will be mailed straight to you!

Slam dunk!

How Spreets Works: Buy the $10 Spreets Voucher today and get the Adelaide 36ers deal (value $28). You won't be charged 20 unless people in total buy the deal, so make sure you tell your friends to make it happen.

Reply #406562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Isaac every week. Yes some weeks it's obvious because I have 500 people around me on a $10 offer, but other weeks you just get some randoms with free tickets.

Who's writing that description as well? Makes the sport seem like a trivial joke, whoever does the 36ers marketing is pathetic and clearly has no love for the game. Marketing is not just throwing a couple of pictures up on Facebook each week.

Reply #406563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

perhaps you'd prefer an empty stadium, over the common people sitting amongst the season ticket holders....

Reply #406576 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

The $10 tickets my friends and I purchased for the Tigers game were all in the upper South part of the stadium. All the people sitting around us all had the "spreets" printout with them.

Although, I noticed as the game went on, people were moving down to empty seats in the lower level.

Reply #406577 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'll strongly consider going to the game for $10.

Fans should visit the bench after the game and give Radford a rocket and farewell send off.

Reply #406583 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'563, aren't those often promos with Mark Davis or Al Green's respective basketball camps?

More the merrier, I think, and I have four season tickets.

Behind the basket is hardly prime real estate. I'd have that area at $20 and back rows above the concourse $10-15. Who cares if people move down closer to the court. Just keep it accessible to everyone. $28ish is just too much.

Reply #406590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People I agree - I am pro cheap tickets.I'm happy for the whole upper concourse to be free as far as I'm concerned.

Just don't make in so they get prime seats and make it not worth my while to get season tickets.

To give more context to this - I currently sit a number of rows back, at the start of the season I asked to move closer, but was told that seats werent available. Fair enough. Since then nearly every week the seats I wanted have had a free or cheap ticket holder in them. This I am bitter about, I pay more, support the team and am further back than these week to week blow ins.

Reply #406596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More like, thanks Mark for leaving your Family and Friends, moving to a shit hole for $40 K a year..

Reply #406597 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I hope all fans show up at this game and give Marty and Mark a standing ovation at the end of the game, and give thanks for three years of dutiful service to the 6'er organisation.

Reply #406683 | Report this post

2FAST4U  
Years ago

Deal is over.

Reply #407079 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:48 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754