Anon
Years ago

Wildcats v Tigers Saga Continues

Found this in the West this morning

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/basketball/16261580/wildcats-throw-fuel-on-the-fire/

who's right? Cats or Tigers?

Topic #30978 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"We've just had enough because all we do is play clean, hard basketball."

Yep - the Wildcats' coaching staff has gone insane.

Reply #406925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Preach it, Dennis! Kerpow!

Reply #406927 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Quick, someone post the flawed analysis about a free throw discrepancy. That proves the Wildcats are dirty and get favourtism....well, it doesn't actually but the numbers are really high!

Reply #406931 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Greg Hire ends up bleeding every other game, Either the opposition is playing rough too or Greg is grabbing onto them and making them force contact onto himself, you know like "stop hitting yourself" except he hits himself so its " stop hitting me".

I didnt hear the alleged "shoulder Lisch" comment but if that is true that is disgusting sportsmanship and coaching by Anstey.

Tigers v Wildcats final would be good. Probably a blowout and over in 2 games but high drama at least.

Reply #406939 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I don't really care about any "treatment" the Cats players get but when you try and dish it out, lose focus on the game and start bitching to the refs or your team mates, then have another whinge in the press conference, it pretty much just sums up what problems your club has.

Reply #406940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not a chance you can honestly call redhage and wagstaff clean players then add hire who has no basketball ability in his body just comes in pushes shoves and holds players coz he doesnt have it in him to stop someone legally. redhage is just a filty skinny white guy who acts tough then falls over when he gets a little tap. best thing hat happened to the league is when he was out when he broke his hip.

Reply #406941 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Thats the definition of a troll.

Reply #406944 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anonymous: what kind of person are you that you wish an injury on another player?

I cant stand jonny flynn or deleon, but doesnt mean i got out there every week and hope they break a hip and get told they might never play basketball again.

Redhage showed his true courage when he got told he would never play again and fought until he was back on that court much earlier than he should have been.

Hate him all you like but you come off looking like the idiot wishing he was still that badly injured. Shame

Reply #406945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@941

Do you even watch the Wildcats?

Reply #406947 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Hope u cut ure fingers off! So u dont put up bullshit like that again! Not a week passes by without saying sumthing about redhage or wags! Now hire! Who's next? Guess every one got over the sack marty part! Now will just talk shit about perth!! Like he said, did flyn come here and think he was gona take over the nbl? Martin made him look stupid! Even when mills came, martin gave it to him! I love a bit of trash talk u need that between clubs as long it's not personal! That's when the players play better and that attracts the crowds! But to go on about how dirty and to tell ure player to shoulder a player of a screen isnt good! Perth play differnt and that's why the stand out and cop alot off flack! Flyn just bags the refs like it was there fault he could'nt pass the ball and u can't foul the last player, surely they get a rule book! Just enjoy the gf bettween the best to teams and cool off in the off season ure teams might grow sum balls and play man basketball or they can play in wnbl if its to hard in the nbl!

Reply #406950 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

@Cats82

Why does every one of your sentences finish with an exclamation mark?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #406952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats82, ever heard of punctuation or a dictionary?

Reply #406953 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Or a breath?

Reply #406954 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Cant u understand or u need help? Like i have said didnt think u have to pass any test to be on here? My mb hasnt got a space bar sori!!

Reply #406957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No offence, Cats82, but that looks more like the sort of comment I'd expect from a hyperactive squirrel.

Reply #406958 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Thanx

Reply #406960 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Just dont make the mistake of thinking that what you have to say is that important, or that we are that eager to hear it, that you have to rush to finish the post.

Reply #406967 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Can say the same for u to!! Or any other persone on here, what make's any one else post, any more important? No rush, i don't work so i got time.

Reply #406969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's obvious you don't work, maybe spend your next centerlink cheque on a new mobile that has autocorrect and a space bar.

Reply #406971 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Yea just for u!!

Reply #406975 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I'm not exactly Sherlock Holmes but I'm going to throw it out there anyway that I suspect his mobile does in fact have a space bar - he just might not actually realise it. But amongst the seemingly random collections of characters that he submits as posts, lurk many spaces between the "words"

Reply #406979 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Why does a discussion about 2 teams with a strong rivalry have to get so hateful?

I think this to and fro builds a great tension for the games coming up (if they meet in the playoffs).

Reply #406999 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

The Wildcats are the scum of the NBL! #InbredArmy

Reply #407002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Melbourne fans are just the incubation medium in the E Coli Petri dish that is the Tigers club ;)

Reply #407003 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Jeff : do you have an intelligent argument to back that up?

Reply #407004 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

If 5 titles and 1000 consecutive appearances in the playoffs makes you scum, it doesnt say much for the other clubs.

Reply #407013 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Good! I love it how non-Wildcats fans hate them. We are the Collingwood of the NBL and I wouldnt have it any other way!

Reply #407014 | Report this post

a1  
Years ago

mark my words. playing the hit, hold and bump style of basketball that the wildcats play will mean they will

(a) eventually find a way to beat themselves
(b) fail to develop australian talent for the international game
(c) continue to contribute to the failure of the NBL audience because the athletic talent and natural instinctive flair of the basketball we love to watch (e.g. NBA, Euroleague, NCAA) will be stifled.

but...

(a) it will win them enough games to be in the playoffs year in and year out and keep the Perth crowd happy
(b) bevo will be left scratching his head as to why Miami Heat haven't called and the Boomers job went to Lemanis.
(c) players like Jonny Flynn will continue to play in Perth and still complain because just like Homicide, Bruton, Crawford, Saville, Tragardh, Holmes and Worthington have in recent seasons gone past - they stated the truth - Perth wrestlemania style is very much like WWF (or WWE) ... You believe it to begin with, but soon you stop watching it because you know there is a fake arrogance about it that doesnt make it fun anymore.

Reply #407110 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I'm enjoying the emotions that this thread is bringing out in people.

Reply #407114 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

a1

a) dont understand what your saying.
b) pretty sure thats not their aim-their aim is to win the championships, not fuel a national team
c) pretty sure they have the biggest supporter base in the NBL. If the other teams are playing the "preferred" style, why cant they attract crowds? They only play the cats 4 times a year, are their crowds massive for the other 26 or so games?

a)perth crowd is happy regardless. playoff run is an anomaly and easy to achieve when the competition is as small as 8 teams.
b) bevo has said he will go for the national coach but wont take it if it remains a part time position or if it means he will have to uproot his family
c) jonny flynn had nobody but himself to blame for his poor game. He came into the NBL thinking it would be a walk in the park for an NBA player and got completely owned by Damien Martin. He needs to own up to a poor game and get over it instead of blaming everyone but himself

Reply #407115 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Players like Saville will complain regardless of where he is playing. Dude never committed a foul in his life.

Reply #407118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Anstey was somewhat right.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/chris-anstey-and-jonny-flynn-make-the-right-call-on-nbl-referees/story-fnanosvn-1226587964644

Reply #407124 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'm sure many post match reviews would show that some refs got some calls wrong. Still doesn't excuse him and Flynn blaming the refs for the pathetic way they played.

Reply #407141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if that's how Peter Carey would characterise the content of their conversation.

Reply #407148 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The Situation: Exactly. Its inevitable refs are going to get calls wrong. it happens in every sport. The sook after the game is what gets my goat. two or three bad calls would effect a close game, and i will give them the right to complain then, but when they get beaten by 20+ points, its not the refs, its the team.

If they keep blaming refs for their loses they are never going to get anywhere

Reply #407162 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

hey a1 that same playing style Bevo employs managed to win him a Junior world championship something Lemanis has never done.

Reply #407200 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754