JimBob
Years ago

Ginobili

Does anyone else subscribe to the theory that Ginobli is the best player in the NBA at the minute. His behind the back reverse layup yesterday to seal the game was outrageous. He is the guy the Spurs give the ball to now when the game is on the line. He is also very unselfish and brings others into the game and even comes off the bench sometimes when the team requires it.

The guy is an out an out GENIUS.

Topic #3099 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Ginobili is good, but I wouldn't rate him as the best player in the NBA. I think that Nash is a much better player than Ginobili. What about someone like Prince from the Pistons, how good of a defensive player is he? He's nowhere near the best player in the league but I thought he deserved a mention.

I would still pick a player of Nash's calibre over a Ginobili.

But that's just my opinion.

Reply #35462 | Report this post

dirk rules  
Years ago

wow that was a good move by ginobili. too bad it was a travle. 3-steps. bizzy is rite, ginobili is not as great as nash. In the end well see who playes better. Nash vs. Manu?

Reply #35463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasnt a travel! and they do call superstars for travelling in the NBA anyone seen tim duncans travell that Joey Crawford ping him for?

Reply #35478 | Report this post

Nash is playing better, but Manu is getting wins. It's like the old Wilt v Russell, Wilt got better stats but Russell had the most 'ships. Who's better?

Reply #35480 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Why is Nash playing better? His man (Parker) has droped over 25 on him both games. Manu is doing EVERYTHING on the court and making the plays when it counts. Look past the stats people. Listen to Walton.

Reply #35499 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

*dropped

Reply #35509 | Report this post

Hill  
Years ago

Nash has had one good season and now he is a superstar!!! I think not!!

Reply #35521 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

hes a top player for the spurs.he wouldnt fit it into any other team.the spurs have the complete team to go all the way for the next couple of years.

ps robert horry is a clutch player and spurs for the ship.

Reply #35557 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

i would go as far to say that ginobili is the best player in the league as far as form goes. I rate him massively and think hes better than nash.

And the things he does cant be told through stats. hes such a tough player, who constantly scraps and causes so many problems for defenses.

and on the denfensive end his constant hussling causes tons of problems for the offence, hes a massive weapon and a proven game winner

Reply #35594 | Report this post

dirk rules  
Years ago

gilobili is way to sketchy. if u watch nash ull notice hes fluint and know what he must do and how to do it. gilobili is all over the place.

And ya they shoulda called it a travle.

Reply #35596 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

thats all you care about, looks. he looks scrappy sometimes but he gets the job done. He scraps harder than nash.

Reply #35598 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

i agree with the doc, listen to walton. He says beyond the stat sheet and knows what bball is realli about .... doing the 1%ers

Reply #35600 | Report this post

dirk rules  
Years ago

besides that i think that wade is even doing better than ginobili rite now. look at wat hes doing with the heat. although i do think miami will lose to detriot i say that wade in virtually unstoppable. rite now my list goes like this:
1 nash
2 wade
3 rasheed wallace
4 ginobili

Reply #35611 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

im a fan of what wade does, but ginobili is better, his work rate is unbeaten and his d is outstanding

Reply #35935 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

undersized pf, does ginobilli do something for you,seen your have a bedroom to yourself now????

Reply #35954 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

cheezeburger does amare stoudamire get you off the way other PFs do (e.g 5ft 1 italian pfs)

Reply #35963 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

How deos Rasheed Wallace make it on to a list with Wade, Ginobili and Nash? Madness!

Reply #36017 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

ok fine undersized pf at least i dot need the back pages of the sunday mail to make my saturday nights in your seedy dark bedroom of yours.

ps ginobilli is a having a general finals campain.it wont be to long until horry rips it up.

Reply #36112 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

undersized pf cause your only 5'11 you have no chance chasing your centre shes like 6'3.he can only get to her chest if that.(oh well you can browse her neck)ok end that topic from now on.

rob horry will hit a huge bucket for the spurs this campain.wait for it.it will be a jumper on shaqs head!

Reply #36116 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

well cheezeburger , you can gaze into your 5,1 ft pf eyes ...... yeh gaze into her eyes from a sitting position.

Cheezeburger you can gaze the back pages of the newspaper from the seedy toilets of your seedy work.

robert horry will be a factor in the series. It will be interesting.

whoever makes finals it will go to 7, no doubt

Reply #36243 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

you can only use a work toilet undersized pf if you have a job and go to work!

duncan and the spurs to take all.

ps ginobilli is soft he hits and flops when he gets minimal contact

Reply #36261 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

undersized pf why do you always care for people height.are you paranoid so much about your 5'11 inch frame?

Reply #36262 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

cheezeburger, obviously height is a massive deal for u seeing as your always building up your height , plus your height is useless now anyway coz you barred playin bball, coz the kleenex tissues factory called.

ginobili is one of the toughest man in the game. He always barrels towards the basket with no care for his body

Reply #36273 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

I watched him tonight ... the Spurs were very unlucky not to take the series 4-0 .. Need more imput from Duncan ..

Bowen was good too when they needed him ..

How crazy was that "block"(looked like a goal tend) Amare did on Duncan attempted dunk near the end of the 4th !! Strong !

Steve Nash 13 assists or something and limited scoring ..

But i have to agree MANU is the man right now ..

Reply #36275 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Ginobili soft? Cheezestick....or is it hamburger? I don't know anymore.... I always thought you were a funny guy. Keep up the jokes..

Reply #36324 | Report this post

dirk rules  
Years ago

ginobili anint soft ill say that. but on the other hand hes to reckless he risks plays he dosent hav to. then theres duncan if he gets in trouble.

ur wondering y i put sheed up there. he delivers. down 2-1 he promised the wood win the next game vs. indiana and he delivered winning the series 4-2. he may not b scoreing the points like ginobili and nash and wade, but he is posting good stats and makeing smart decisions and plays. he cums up big wen he needs to.

Reply #36488 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Dirk, I don't see Ginobili as reckless. He makes unorthodox plays in clutch situations because he can.

He has supreme confidence. I love the way he plays.

Check out his fg% and 3pt% in the playoffs. He isn't taking bad shots.

Reply #36497 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Nash is soft on D. Ginobili is having the better series then Nash and crunch time is when it all matters.

Reply #36502 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

what will hurt the spurs more losing duncan or ginobilli againt the miami or detroit in the gf?.duncan it would be, there you duncan is more valuable than ginobilli.

Reply #36554 | Report this post

dirk rules  
Years ago

cheezeburger is rite. u saw the final game of the series. ginobili is still developing his skills. he'll get better in the yrs to come, but duncan is better. expecially on the defensiv end.

Reply #36770 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

no doubt that ginobili is still improving, which to me is quite scary for the rest of the league, but ginobili has had a stella playoff campaign and has shown maturity beyond his years.

what i really like about ginobili is his outstanding work ethic and desire.

Reply #36789 | Report this post

manumania  
Years ago

ginobili is THE man, super ginobili is here, know him and love him, ginobili is the best. Say no more.

Reply #37616 | Report this post

lp  
Years ago

He is not Super Ginobili he is Geniubili. Only higher than him is the Lord himself.

Reply #37656 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

lp and manumania should be campaigners for anti-drug programs..... these two are perfect examples why people should not snort coke, i wastes the brain.........

Sorry, the Spurs are a Timmy D driven machine. Without him, the Spurs are ordinary. I rate Manu highly, but I also recognise who is the MVP of the Spurs. Timmy D by a long shot.

Reply #37662 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754