Anonymous
Years ago

Dellavedova, Motum, Broekhoff in the NBL?

Anyone know if any NBL clubs have talked to any of these College stars about recruiting them to the NBL for next season? All three would be huge assets to any NBL club.

Topic #31002 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Delly would try Europe first surely?

Reply #407379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

delly is nba or euro bound... he's way ahead of the rest

Reply #407384 | Report this post

Youknow ME  
Years ago

Delly is the heart and soul of the gaels, without him they are nothing... with him they could do something. He should really be heading to the NBA, but we all know they look for physical attributes before anything else... Europe would be a likely option, NBL.... Not unless he does an Aaron Bruce and turns to shit. Bruce if you remember, was also "the next steve nash" of his day.

Reply #407390 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Wel all love Delly, and rightfully so, but he will never ever make the Association.

Reply #407400 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Bruce never had half the basketball IQ or work ethic of Dellavedova so I'm not too keen on that comparison. If he doesn't make the NBA, which is probably the likely outcome IMO, then he's quite capable of running a good quality European team. Aside from his lack of quickness he really does tick every other box on the checklist for a top point guard.
Put him on a team that doesn't rely on him as heavily as the Gaels currently do and he gets even better IMO. eg. He's not blessed with great inside targets right now, which results in him having to force more offence on his own than he should have to. That's not his forte.

I could see the other 2 potentially playing NBL though.

Reply #407406 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

All players will probably not play in the NBL for at least another decade.

Reply #407449 | Report this post

Youknow ME  
Years ago

Broekoff is an NBA prospect, reminds me alot of ingles.. perhaps has a more reliable 3 ball

Reply #407452 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Why would any of them be even thinking about playing NBL when Europe can earn them more $$$ individually than an entire NBL salary cap!

If they play NBL it would be when they're washed up or have dropped the ball and their game had turned to shit, eg. Bruce.

Reply #407457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im backing delly for nba

a really solid smart pg who is physically up to playing against men... I don't get why theres so much doubt.

Reply #407468 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Delly is a very good chance at an NBA gig - but seriously - who knows? One could also make an argument that Motum's game is more suited to the NBA tha in college, whilst for mine, Broekhoff's game better translates to the NBA that the other two IMO.

In any case, if any of these three do not crack the NBA, they will get big $$$ from Europe and I doubt we will see any of them back in the NBL any time soon unless due to personal/family reasons.

For mine, I don't want any of them drafted in the 2nd round of the NBA draft as it limits their opportunity to make the big time. I would rather see them as a free agent to giver them the best chance to work their way into contention on a suitable program.

Reply #407472 | Report this post

Port  
Years ago

Guys like Andre Miller give Delly a hope in the NBA. Andre has never had good athleticism and has always been a very smart floor general. He is a bit of an anomaly however.

Even ignoring the obvious ones like Westbrook and Rose, guys like Ty Lawson, John Wall, Jrue Holiday, Tony Parker, Jeff Teague, Kemba Walker and countless more would tear him apart athletically. Now Delly would most likely be a back-up, but it's still a worry.

Offensively Delly would have a better chance, as he can use his power and physical presence, but on defensve, I'm afraid his lack of speed would most likely be burned.

Reply #407474 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Delly and Broekhoff have Euro passports so that greatly increases their market value. Im not sure about Motum, but as a big guy he naturally has a high value anyway.

The market in Europe is shrinking, but if Delly and Broekhoff want to head there straight away Im sure theyll get a job. If Motum is an import that makes it a lot tougher to crack a decent league.

All three will get significant offers from a number of NBL clubs.

Reply #407478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly is a tall point guard. How is that not physical attribute enough?

Reply #407528 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Delly is not a tall point guard.

Reply #409055 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He's not a short point guard!

Reply #409065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a slow point guard!

Reply #409069 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

He is a smart PG!

Reply #409070 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:11 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754