Fulukovi
Years ago

NBL draft combine?

There should be one? Or some kind of big skills camp? Adidas nations spots all the good talent already .

Maybe measure up current players and see who's actually athletic and which players are pure skill?

Current DP don't get enuf minutes to show what they got?
Bottom teams should flip there roster if there out of playoff race!

Topic #31052 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to see some idea of combining a free university degree with a basketball contract.

Top guys that would go to college, try to get them to stay by offering full 4 year uni scholarship, accomodation and then give them a couple hundred a week spending.

4 Year contract + Full Uni scholarship + Accom + Meals + Spending. Probably around a $50,000 commitment but worth it to keep some of the better Aussie talent at home!

I can tell you now if i had to choose between college USA and that deal at home I would straight away choose to stay home!

Have a camp every second year for all the NBL teams to watch anyone who wants to try for a spot.

Reply #408041 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@Fulukovi - NBL franchises are allowed to undertake these sorts of tests for their own contracted players or willing free-agents, and would go through similar routines for fitness evaluations, so this information isn't lost - just not made public, necessarily.

The NBL doesn't even have a draft... why would we need a draft combine?

@041 - why do we need to keep them from playing US college bball? The kids aren't being held prisoner, they do come back...

Also, you do realize that would equate to much more than $50,000, right..? So how would you propose this be payed for?

There's definitely been an excess of morons going 'round Hoops, lately.

Reply #408043 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Mo, I think you are being insensitive to the moronic, hoops has been bombed by one, maybe two, bottom feeder trolls who sit well beneath the moronic on the hierachy of intellect.

I believe this is breeding season for bottom feeder trolls so they are trying their best to stand out from the crowd and be notice. Engaging a bottom feeder troll leaves you feeling stupid so they are best ignored and avoided.

Reply #408047 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Not all of them would stay... Only 8 per 2 year would stay? The rest would go? Wouldn't you rather see the young talent stay so we can watch them develop? 50000 a year really isn't ridiculous for an nbl team either.

Reply #408049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was something similar back in 2007, however is wasn't to successful.
Only 2 NBL teams sent people to have a look and not one player at the camp has ever made NBL, apart from Bo Westover..

Reply #408090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kids dont just go to college for schooling, they go for the experience of playing college ball in the states, something we definitely cant match here.

Reply #408092 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And there was another one for imports where the only guy who got picked up was cut very early in proceedings.

And from HSH, who really got picked up? Davison? Cut before the season started.

Reply #408113 | Report this post

Fulukovi  
Years ago

Well something need to be changed to spice up thi competiion. Imports are the saving grace for the nbl atm

Reply #408865 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754