Anonymous
Years ago

Eltham SCM

We've all heard the word, as of a few weeks ago they had 5 players, then it was 3 players, guaranteed Wooden Spoon!

Has anyone got the latest, will they even be able to play?

Topic #31056 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'll find out in two weeks in round 1.

They got an import who can play not sure who else they got thou

Reply #408136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All they have is the list below

-Cuffe from last year
-Lister back from UK
-Listers mate who is the import
-Malvaso from YL

Maybe 1 more player, and that's it, everyone else has walked out.

Reply #408144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear they got a kid who trained with 36ers earlier this year...

Reply #408157 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Eltham will struggle to win a game, they will be this years Big V version of the Canberra Gunners.

Reply #408219 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Has the league done a preview show for Eltham....just went to have a look and couldn't find it??

Reply #408345 | Report this post

warrior  
Years ago

I bet Damon Lowry is having a quiet laugh to himself after the way he was treated there.

Reply #408347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the Big V preview shows have been recorded and they are releasing them a few at a time.

Likely to be a few clubs who have had changes since they were recorded.

Reply #408351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damon's his own worst enemy.

Reply #408352 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Don't know why Damon would be laughing...he left and they had just finish last two years in a row under his coahcing....then they finished runners up two years in a row..?

So don't really think anyone would be laughing about whats going on or gone on...as from all reports they are struggling to field a team and would be lucky to make D1 finals...which is sad as the SCM division is really only a 3 horse race now that Eltham has blown up there program to head back in medicority.

Reply #408360 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Who in your opinion is the 3 horse race between?

Corio Bay
Bullen
Ringwood
??

Am I missing someone ?

Reply #408375 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Spot on Sammy.....everyone else is playing for 4th spot.

DV will start out ok then fall apart due to egos as per the norm with them.

Bullen to many egos and no point guard to distribute.

Hume well they are hume! they have recruited well thou.

Werribee will get smashed!

Eltham as above

Sherbrooke as above

Melbourne as above

The last 4 will only get wins against each other so whom has the soft draw will look good early then fall away when they play the better teams.

Reply #408380 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Tiger Watcher, what has happened to Waverley?

Reply #408382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Quafow would say he's the answer to the point problems you mention at Bulleen. I'm not a fan of his game as it's all about his numbers but if can get the others involved they could be dangerous. If Bulleen gel they could be real tough as the starting 5 is probably the best going around

Reply #408389 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Can Mike Rose play the 1 spot over here? Shouldn't be too much of an issue. However I'm sure he will be pro dominantly used to just flat out score.
Quafaw is getting better each season. He is more than a handy guard in this comp

Who is playing in The Melbourne tigers Side?
Are they trying to stay with players who have come up through the junior program ?

Couple of div1 quality sides are really effecting the quality of brand - BigV - that Essentially is still a conference of the ABA

The gap keeps widening Between SCM and SEABL

Reply #408399 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Corio, Bulleen I think will start favourites. The other strong sides are Waverley, Diamond Valley and Ringwood. Don't underestimate Waverley with a new coach and a balanced team. The Falcons led Knox SEABL in a practice game by 30 points before holding on to win by 6. Although Knox were undermanned Waverley were also not at full strength. Andy Sherwell is a solid coach.Hume will be ok and then there will be a bit of a gap. Sherbrooke have two imports this year which is a new thing for them, Eltham also have an import. Werribee and Waverley will both be very young.

Reply #408412 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Sorry I think Waverley will be top 3...boomers won't make finals

Reply #408414 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

So it's true, Eltham may not have enough players to start the season?

Reply #408452 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:16 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754