wnba fan
Years ago

is Liz playing WNBA this season

any idea ?

Topic #31118 | Report this topic

Anon12  
Years ago

The WNBA website still has her listed with the Tulsa Shock but the Tulsa Shock does not have her listed on their 2013 Roster. Guess she won't be playing?

Reply #409129 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Yep, she is.

Reply #409134 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Oh and Tulsa picked up a few better players too, If Liz can play well they may be able to push for playoffs.

Reply #409137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She doesnt want to play for Tulsa which is partly the reason she went to China. SHe wants to be traded.

Reply #409162 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

She has said that she will be playing WNBA this season.
Then again she said that last season and bailed on the actual day she was supposed to fly over there, so if I was a betting man this is one I would be staying the hell away from.
For her own good I hope she goes over. Tulsa is a team on the rise and she could make a real difference to their fortunes. She would no longer be such a focal point either with some other quality recruits coming on board as well as Skylar Diggins likely to be drafted.
But who knows with Liz...

Reply #409165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget Diggins although she is a great player. Liz will be forgoten about very quickly once Brittney Griner breaks out in the WNBA. Liz is slow, has no real game and has a terrible attitude.

Reply #409196 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

The thing is that Liz could still be a dominant player in the WNBA. Yes, Griner is special for sure, but if Liz actually put the effort into getting in shape then for every time Griner beat her with a quick post move, Liz would be able to overpower her at the other end. Anyway there are plenty of other teams that don't have a Griner patrolling the paint.

She proved in London that she could do better than compete with the best post players in the women's game right now. She handed a couple of all stars - including the 2012 WNBA MVP - their asses.
And then she got tired and was good for SFA the rest of the game...
Which is what frustrates the hell out of me with Liz. Everyone in the world can see how good she COULD be, but she simply doesn't seem to care. Doesn't have that drive to excel that Lauren & Penny have. As an Opals fan it just kills me to see such potential going to waste.

Reply #409206 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Griner won't have it so easy in the WNBA, she has 6 foot girls defending her in college, they will be 6.4plus in the WNBA, teams will double team her and strong players like Liz could beat her, at least on the defensive end.

Reply #409227 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Cambage is nothing more than a glorified scrub whose height has seen her generate unwarranted publicity for her average basketball skills.

The day she decides to apply herself to even trying I'll break out a marching band.

If she is ever to lead the Opals, heaven help us!!

Reply #409259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Triton: She is 6'8" so I think a 6'4" defender will not worry her to much. She is 100 times more athletic than Liz will ever be so while Liz's feet are planted like an imovable object, Grinner will use her better footwork to get around her. SHe is the leading shot blocker in BOTH mens and womens NCAA history and is also coming up on the leading scorer.
Liz is more interested in posting FB updates and tweeting NOT training. She will be nowhere in a few yrs, back playing SEABL somewhere because no coach will put up with her bad attitude and laziness.

Reply #409331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Triton: She is 6'8" so I think a 6'4" defender will not worry her to much. She is 100 times more athletic than Liz will ever be so while Liz's feet are planted like an imovable object, Grinner will use her better footwork to get around her. SHe is the leading shot blocker in BOTH mens and womens NCAA history and is also coming up on the leading scorer.
Liz is more interested in posting FB updates and tweeting NOT training. She will be nowhere in a few yrs, back playing SEABL somewhere because no coach will put up with her bad attitude and laziness.

Reply #409332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't take long for the trolls to come out of the woodwork! Geez on this forum it's either bagging the crap out of Liz or Patty Mills!

Reply #409353 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I hope Liz plays in the WNBA and proves a lot of doubters wrong about this perception that she is what is being written here on some unfair posts...

Unless someone has first hand knowledge of how she is going or what her attitude is at the moment, I would not take what is being posted on this thread with a grain of salt.

Reply #409428 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

The only thing Liz proved at Olympics is that she can't hold a basketball, or turn her head to see the defence. Overrated and then some. If I was Tulsa, I would force her to sit every game on her ass for at least a few weeks to teach her a bit of a lesson.

Reply #409457 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754