Bizzy
Years ago

Great Michael Finals Memories

After reading an article on NBA.com about great Michael Jordans Finals Memories.

URL: http://www.nba.com/playoffs2005/legendsseries_jordan1.html

I got me thinking what was my favourite Michael Memory. I will never forget his last game as a Bull, Malone with the ball and Jordan fakes to follow his defender but doubles back for the steal. Takes the ball down the court and pulls up for the "Perfect" jump-shot, a swish.

What are some other peoples great memories of MJ?

Topic #3114 | Report this topic

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

VS. LA LAKERS
Jordan's move thru the key, ball in one hand, then the other, then in!

VS. PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS
Jordan's 3 point shoot-out clinic! The face he makes to Marv Albert and Magic Johnson doing commentary after he nails another 3 over Cliff Robinson

VS UTAH JAZZ
Jordan's last shot as a Bull to give them the Championship!

Reply #35645 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Three memories really stand out for me with MJ and Finals

1: As Matt stated vs the Lakers, awesome move. Drives down the guts, goes up with the ball in the right... hanging.... hanging..... hanging.... oh sh*t.... Vlade (or Campbell, can't remember) moves across.... double sh*t.... losing altitude, better switch it to the left for a scoop of the glass. thanks for coming

2: Making Craig Ehlo famous in that game vs the Cavs. Ehlo had a damn good game from memory with his own miracle, at the time game winning shot before being upstage by MJ.

3: Getting seriously dunked on by John Starks in MSG. I also think that Horace was the other player that Starks dunked on. One of the best dunks I've seen from a little man......

Reply #35647 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

63 Points vs Boston Celtics in 1986 esatern conference finals..at Boston Garden!

Reply #35652 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Last game in New York as a Bull! Pulled out the first ever pair of "Air Jordan" shoes, and tore the Knicks a new one, again...

Reply #35655 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

mp - it was the 1st round of the playoffs, not the Eastern finals! But yes, a superb game. That was game 2 of the series, he had 48 in game 1. Bulls were swept though.

That & his last shot in a Bulls uniform stand out to me.

Reply #35657 | Report this post

foxtrot  
Years ago

The change of hands move was over Sam Perkins. Ehlo was actually a gun and had already made a name for himself.
The Utah shot was the ultimate way to finish

Reply #35662 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

In the 93 New york series, he gets knocked down hard by Greg Anthony and hits the deck.

Ball still in hands he then throws the ball at Anthonys head and stands up ready for a few fisticuffs.

Just something different for people always mentioning non-spectacular but memorable jordan moments

Reply #35676 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

In that same series, Jordan just trash talking to Starks after hitting a shot on him.

Also, Jordan going nose to nose with Xavier McDaniel!

Reply #35687 | Report this post

M53M  
Years ago

Vs Knicks, goes baseline, cut off, turns around to go back , but then spins back around, shakes free defender and then proceeds to dunk on Patrick Ewing.

Last shot against Utah, everyone knew he was going to take that shot but no one could stop him.

Reply #35690 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Game 1 vs Portland Trailblazers- 1992 NBA Finals
I don't understand why the Blazers kept leaving Jordan open for the 3. You simply do not let the world's greatest player walk up to the top of the 3-point line and ice it. 35 point first half in Game 1... crazy

Reply #35716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jimmy just remember jordan was a very average/poor 3 point shooter at that time!

He is just the best player ever and was on fire that night and every other night of his career!

Much love to MJ!

Reply #35728 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

still... when he had already hit 4 or 5 three's, it isn't really a good idea to let him get the ball

Reply #35748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh true!

jordan is the greatest!

Reply #35751 | Report this post

dirk rules  
Years ago

wen jordan took off from the foul-line in the dunk comp. that still one of the best dunks ive seen.

Reply #35763 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Kriss,

The Jordan vs Anthony incident happened in the '91 regular season. He is wearing white Jordan 6's. The Bulls only ever wore black shoes in the playoffs.

Reply #35868 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Good memory, i knew it was earlie 90's somewhere

Reply #36034 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Heres one thing i can't remember jordan ever doing, has he ever hit a half court shot wih the time winding down?

Dont ever recall seeing that

Reply #36036 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

He hits one, nothing but net, on MICHAEL JORDAN TO THE MAX (the IMAX movie)!

It's not during a game, but during one of his charity basketball camps!

Reply #36046 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

I remember one against Utah which was a half court jump shot (double pump), and one in '93 against Miami (??) in the playoffs. He kind of did an "in and out" dribble move and did a one legged runner at the halfway line (banked it in I think).

Reply #36053 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

I forgot one of the obvious ones:

1983 NCAA Championship Game
North Carolina Tar Heels vs Georgetown Hoyas

NC had Jordan, Worthy and Perkins.
Georgetown had Patrick Ewing.

This Georgetown side (which had gained a reputation as "The Hoya Paranoia") was so good that most people tipped them to oust Jordan and co.

Ewing came out firing, something like 5 goal tending violations!

"Gordie, to Block," the call from the announcer came. "The tie, 18. Shot by Jordaaan...... JORDAN! MICHAEL JORDAN!"

Reply #36651 | Report this post

Tarheel  
Years ago

"Gordie to Block" and "the tie" what the hell are you on about Matt?

I think you might find it was
"Doherty to Black ... the time 18 ..shot Jordan"

Matt Doherty and Jimmy Black. Sam Perkins and James Worthy were also on th UNC team.

The game was by no means over after that shot either. I think it was Sleepy Floyd?? who had a chance to win or tie it but UNC held on.

Reply #36655 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Yeah....that sounds better!

I'm going from Michael Jordan's Playground and Michael Jordan Come Fly With Me....

Cos it's VHS and watched it so many times, sound has gone bad!

Thanks Tarheel!

Reply #36657 | Report this post

Zenia  
Years ago

hi

Reply #48395 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754