philly
Years ago

Popovich has lost the plot

Still no Parker yesterday and Patty gets no minutes. What are his chances when Parker is actually there. No master plan by Popovich he has officially lost it. No surprise if they get knocked out of the first round again.

Topic #31158 | Report this topic

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

that or there's a more reasonable explanation, perhaps Patty isn't much of a PG/parker substitute and Ginobli likes to run the show when Parker isn't their. For a very accomplished coach who does a very good job of running his bench i doubt that he's lost the plot.Patty has shown an ability to catch and shot but not to make decisions with the ball..yet.although that will come with opportunity

Reply #409671 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

@philly I have to agree with you on that one mate, patty has been putting up some alright numbers say one game he hit around 13 points 3 or 4 assist, while Corey Joseph is doing next to nothing same with De Colo and Neal and the next game he gets DNP its doesn't make any sense, how are players meant to build confidence and become a better player when they are constantly snubbed of minutes!

Reply #409674 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Defense is lacking

Reply #409675 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lol I can't take someone seriously that claims that popovich as lost the plot. One of the best coaches in the history of sport isn't gonna lose the plot over which backup PG to play in regular season games

Reply #409676 | Report this post

36reasons.net  
Years ago

We all love Patty....but his defense and +/- numbers are appalling. Has a role on that team, not ever going to be a big part though with their value placed on D.

Reply #409677 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Get off Patty Mills nuts! Pop is one of the best breathing coaches in the world. He wont play a fringe player and you abuse his coaching. Look at the banners above the Spurs court and think again...

Reply #409678 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I agree with Ingles13 and Kobe24.

Reply #409680 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

I'm not arguing that he was not once a good coach I'm trying to make sense of why he doesn't play someone who puts up great numbers when given the opportunity. If Pop was coaching Jeremy Lin last season then there would not have been a linsanity.

Reply #409683 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

You heard it here first. The Spurs playoff hopes are directly related to Patty Mills minutes.

Reply #409687 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

So what you are saying is he should get minutes because he scores more? I'd hate to see you coach a team if you think scoring defines a players ability

Reply #409695 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

So what you are saying is he should get minutes because he scores more? I'd hate to see you coach a team if you think scoring defines a players ability

Reply #409696 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

I never said that, I said he puts up great numbers. Nothing wrong with a player who can score though. Patty has great stats for his limited minutes in the NBA and has had supreme performances in 2 Olympics, WCs, college and the NBL. But Pop is playing De Colo the donut man and Cory Joseph who averaged 10 3 as a starter in college and averaging 8 and 2 as a starter at the moment ahead of Patty.

Reply #409701 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Corey Joseph has had some good games, I think it's wrong to so he is shit. Love Mills and wish the best for him but something is holding him back, I would suggest his distribution skills. He seems to be stuck in this position like a lot of backup where they want to score as it looks good and people notice it but at the same time they forget/can't do the teams things as much.

Reply #409702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mill is a small two guard. He does nothing to show he wants to run the team. In the rotation he is then behind Ginobli, Neal and sometimes Jackson. He is also not better than those players. Would I like to see him play? Yes!
Should he get minutes ahead of those guys at his position? No!
Has Popovich lost the plot? No! He wrote the plot!

Reply #409707 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

philly you show little to know knowledge about the game of basketball by saying poppovich has lost the plot by not playing mills... mills is not that great as an nba player so get off of him. he is a shoot first point guard who doesnt bring much else other than field goal attempts.

a future hall of fame coach with rings to show for has more credibility than patty mills sorry to say.

Reply #409747 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Pop doesnt wanna fininsh 1st as scared of Lakers!

Reply #409792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

patty mills is a weapon. anyone who says he is limited in his game haven't seen him play when given decent minutes. pop is the best in the league in tanking.

Reply #409800 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Or we have seen him play and that's why we know he is limited. He's been the same since I played him in juniors. Happy to score 40 but not worried about getting a few assists.

Reply #409805 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Pop is renowned for being hard on his PG's. He rode Parkers nuts his first few seasons in the NBA, Tony still laughs about how hard he was on him. Plus he likes for players to play Spurs basketball. If Patty is not distributing/defending enough or looking to score himself too much he won't get the minutes.
To say that Pop has lost the plot over this makes you look rather silly though Philly

Reply #409828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:07 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754