Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats vs Taipans, Mar 17

Game underway. Cairns started well. Perth up 35-32 at half-time.

Topic #31168 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Perth up 58-42 with a quarter to play.

Reply #409814 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I watched it, got nothing to add, just posting so you don't feel lonely posting by yourself Isaac.

Reply #409818 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Perth win comfortably in the end.

So next week, if Wollongong beat Adelaide then they'll lock up 3rd place. If they lose, they sweat on other results to see if they finish 3rd, 4th or 5th. Should make them pretty motivated!

And next week, if Cairms beat Melbourne, they'll finish 3rd or 4th. I they lose they'll finish 5th.

Melbourne have to beat both Cairns and Townsville to make finals and even then will rely on results from other games.

Townsville have to beat both Sydney and Melbourne to make finals and also will have to rely on results from other games.

Sydney have to beat Townsville to make finals and then will rely on results from other games.

The above scenarios assume no changes in points splits for the various haed to head combinations that might arise out of next week's results.

All in all, every game except NZ-Perth will have at least one team playing whose finals hopes will hang on the result. Should be a great round of basketball. Basically - finals atmosphere a week earlier than planned!

Reply #409819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very true. It's been like that for a couple of months now.

Reply #409820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't go to this one - it clashed with the Perth Glory game and I didn't know what that result will be. So I went to nib and gave my member cards to a workmate.

In light of Wildcats wins and Glory's ugly loss I wonder if I was in one of those "lose-lose" thingies.

Reply #409824 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Awesome info peter john luke & mary!!

Reply #409825 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

It was funny going home on the train with the happy Wildcats fans mingling with the dejected Glory fans... I like the glory and all but you gotta wonder why the wildcats couldn't get 11000 to this game

Reply #409831 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

It was funny going home on the train with the happy Wildcats fans mingling with the dejected Glory fans... I like the glory and all but you gotta wonder why the wildcats couldn't get 11000 to this game

Reply #409832 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

It was a dead rubber 'proud'! The wildcats cant move from 2nd place.

Reply #409835 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Still a good crowd in despite the glory playing at the same time. Ok game by perth but if they come out like that against nz then its gona be a long night for the red army. Still cant see any one beating perth on nz in the semis

Reply #409843 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Holy crap! Double Clutch is still alive!

Reply #409848 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

10,900 at the Wildcats for a dead rubber game (and another blow out win) vs 6,500 at the Glory for a game they needed to win to have a chance at making the finals. Cats crowds have been bigger than the Glorys all season. The media will refuse to believe it, but basketball is bigger than soccer in Perth.

Well done Wildcats.

Reply #409851 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754