Punter
Years ago

Battle of the South

Are the Southern Tigers Men any chance of knocking off South this Saturday Night.

Topic #3117 | Report this topic

Mum  
Years ago

Is that a flock of pigs flying over ?

Reply #35747 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Possibly Southern's best shot at getting a win for the rest of the season, I think. With Hardiman out (I assume, after the tales about his finger!) hopefully this means more shots inside.

Reply #35834 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Looks like i have to eat bacon ;-)
Congratulations to Southern you out played us and out shot us tonight Number 23 Josh Wood I think was best on the court well done. Now having said that please understand I am not for one second blaming the reffing for South loosing but, you two were definitly the worst refs I have ever come across. No joke who ever you are, should hang your heads in shame and consider donating your payment to charity. I have seen better reffing at mini ball. I will even go as far to say I have never seen an inexperenced junior ref do such a poor job.

Reply #35873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mum that's a bit harsh, I know you were at the South game last week and the reffing was much worse ... but wait South won that game so I guess that might explain your attitude tonight.

From what I've seen of South (and it's only two games) they'd be an extremely tough team to referee. The way they hustle, bump and pressure everything in D and force force and oh did I say FORCE in offence.

Reply #35877 | Report this post

Last week Centrals blamed referees for lost to South now South blaming the referees in lost to Southern. Wo is next.

Reply #35882 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

(#35873) "I am not for one second blaming the reffing for South loosing" cant you read!!

No way am I blaming the reffs for the loss, Southern were very good and out played and out shot us. They deserved to win.

comparing last weeks reffing and this week. Last week wasent good it got out of control it was very physical and should not have droped to that level but the calls that "were" made were OK even centrals suporters said that centrals lost the game because they let South get under their skin. But this week the refs decisions were in my opinion just bad and inconsistant.

Reply #35892 | Report this post

Ogre  
Years ago

Well done to southern they out-shot and out-coached South. I think the loss of Hardiman may actually have worked in their favour. But their three point shooting was as good as I have seen.

Reply #35911 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

A battle it was indeed at Mvale last night. The Tigers put on a clinic of fourth quarter basketball and clutch shooting last night.

Gerlach was awesome for the Tigers. At one point he stole the inbounds pass, against 2 south guys put up a tough shot, out-rebounded them both and dished out one of the sweetest no look passes to Luke Hoban for the layin and 1.

Wood was hot from deep and along with TB hit some huge 3's.

Good to see the Tigers get the W, thanking my stars i tipped them this week...

As a side note, i would endorse the above comments re: refs. One of the worst displays i've witnessed this year.

Reply #35914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about a big heads up to Tristan Braithwaite. The guy would have come into the season expecting limited minutes, but injuries to both Clarke and now Hardiman meant he played 42 minutes last night. A good all round performance on a winning side; well done Trist.

Reply #35915 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

id say the refs were ok at last nights game. and no im not a tigers fan im a ref myself and they called what was there. every comment is right about tigers outshooting south except for gerlach who was something like 4/13 from the field but he came up big in the last quarter after only being 1/9 at 3/4 time. but tristan and josh would have had to have won the game for the tigers with those bigs 3s in the last. great game by all and also good reffing in my books.

Reply #35948 | Report this post

Ogre  
Years ago

It was terrible Daniel! Not bias just terrible. Momentum reffing, The worst that i have seen Wayne and the rookie that was with him is a shocker.

Reply #35997 | Report this post

lickity split  
Years ago

Way to go tiger boys great to see a win on the board. The young guys shooting the crap out of the ball in the 4th quarter was great. Way to step up tris lets hope he continues to get time and play well.

Reply #35999 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

I was a neutral onlooker at the game Saturday Night as I thought it would be a good close tussle as it was most of the night.
I would have to say that the Time Hodges started the game he was on fire. if it wasn't for him at the start the Tigers would have been gone.
It was good to see the young guns of Gerlach, Wood, Braithwaite step up in the 4th and run away with the game.
South just didn't look to have a person that was going to shot the lights out and in my opinion that cost them the game and lack of a Time Out or Sub when the Tigers knocked those 3's down to start the qtr.
I must say the reffing was very poor in my opinion.
Whoever Waynes partner was he needs to go back and do a few lower grade games and get some idea of what calls need to be made and what dosen't. Coz both teams were very frustrated by the look of them at not knowing what was going to be called by this rookie.

Reply #36065 | Report this post

South20  
Years ago

If anything in the game where South played Centrals, Central's "BLUE ARMY" lost the game for them. South played it out to their best ability and umpires didnt even hint at modifying the outcome! Centrals crowd is too over the top, children as young as 8 were spotted swearing and putting the rude finger up at South players, it is just unacceptable.

I am very happy that after making his two foul shots to seal the game ,Adam Blight gave the 'Blue Army' back what they had been giving South, the finger.

As an umpire myself i see to many ABL games reffing' commented on from people who do not know all of the rules (although they think they do). What many people dont understand is for example the advantage rule. For every ABL game that i have seen this season i would call very fair refereeing with some great prevetative refereeing techniques shining through.

If i could offer some advice to Centrals fans from the rest of the state it would be to say that YOU ARE MAKING YOUR CLUB SEEM OUT OF CONTROL! Just to put it nicely

Reply #36722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:01 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754