Anonymous
Years ago

Will NZ want to win this week ?

NZ having won so many games in a row at the moment, will they be thinking this is a good time to drop one. With every win you are closer to your next loss. It happens allot in every sport, teams go on massive winning streaks then bomb out in the finals. Will they gain anything from going balls out this week. I think you will see the Cats win easy but this will give you no indication into the way the finals might go.

Topic #31172 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Momentum is not a bad thing come finals.

Reply #409858 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mess with form and it can bite you on the butt.

Reply #409862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would expect Vukona not to travel for a meaningless game

Reply #409863 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Nice training sessions for both teams, i dont think both teams care about the win just wish no injuries for both teams.

Reply #409870 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"With every win you are closer to your next loss"

Rubbish.

Reply #409884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In recent history, NZ have taken their foot off the gas pedal in the last couple/few games of the regular seasons. Admittedly, this season look to have more purpose late, than the previous two.

Reply #409885 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"With every win you are closer to your next loss"

Tell that to the Harlem Globetrotters!

Reply #409895 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

If i was Lemanis, id be keen to try new things or perhaps use the guys who get least amount of game time to work on their on-court profiles and games.

Come finals time, if its only been practice where they get to do drills, then should they get into foul trouble, its gonna be harder.

But NZ should win again, and hope they do cos Perth suck!

Reply #409970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah Perth suck so much that they've made finals 27 years in a row!

Reply #409973 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

Betting scandal if they give this game a flop

Reply #409976 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I'm sure the NBL would be disappointed that it's a dead rubber game. Maybe next season they will schedule this match a few weeks before the playoffs when spots are still up for grabs.

Not too many genuine blockbuster games in the NBL anymore, but Perth-NZ always is. Unfortunately it won't have that feel this week.

Reply #409981 | Report this post

Bring it  
Years ago

Bill russell u are on the gear mate, so perth win then nz did not try? Cats have beaten nz twice already by the way we are talking about the breakers u guys aint miami heat and compairing this season to the bulls version from there 72-10 season like a knob posted on here a few weeks back.

Reply #410007 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

2-1 so far this season. Boohoo!
Its all about the heart of the game , ya cry about the cricket etc . Now nz taking over the basketball

Don't value your opinions because perth haven't won when it mattered

3peats on!

Reply #410008 | Report this post

Bring it  
Years ago

Na that's why we got 5 banners hanging up in the rafters before 2yrs ago u didnt even make the finals now ure bragin u won 2 in a row ure not gona get 3 put my house on it hope its under the salary cap

Reply #410038 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

^ hahaha you mad, put your house on it hahahaha

Reply #410041 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Sigh... Are there any other basketball forums I can join? Don't really like ozhoopsboards...

Reply #410047 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not too many genuine blockbuster games in the NBL anymore, but Perth-NZ always is. Unfortunately it won't have that feel this week.
There might not be loads of heavyweight blockbusters, but there are loads of great finishes. Not to mention going into a final round of a season where every team but one can still make the finals!

Reply #410052 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

Started from the bottom , now my whole team freaken here!

Preach , your house > my castle

Reply #410057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Reads like it came from a spam poetry generator.

Reply #410060 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

Spam generators were invented in perth?
LoL

Reply #410065 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's one of the things that has hurt the NBL in the past couple of years, the Perth v New Zealand games havent been on TV, neither have many NZ games at all, and they are definitely the most entertaining team to watch.

Reply #410072 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:04 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754