Isaac
Years ago

First NBL semis in NZ and Perth announced

Three game series with undecided opponents, but the first venue and time have been announced. Both on the same night, but timezone differences will mean people should be able to watch both games?

New Zealand Breakers vs 4th placed team (TBC)
Thursday 28 March @ Vector Arena
Tip-off: 7:30pm (local time)

Ticketing Information
Ticket Outlet: Ticketmaster
On-sale Date: To be confirmed. Check www.nzbreakers.co.nz or www.ticketmaster.co.nz for updates
Tickets: www.ticketmaster.co.nz

Perth Wildcats vs 3rd placed team (TBC)
Thursday 28 March @ Perth Arena
Tip-off: 7:30pm (local time)

Ticketing Information
Ticket Outlet: Ticketek
On-sale Date: Members Priority Period: Monday 18 March at 9:00am AWST to Wednesday 20 March at 5:00pm AWST. General Public from Thursday 21 March at 9:00am AWST.
Tickets: www.ticketek.com.au or call 132 849

The complete iiNet NBL Championship Finals Series fixtures will be announced at the conclusion of the regular season.
With Game 1 on a Thursday, I suppose they could travel for Game 3 on Saturday night then play a decider if necessary the following week?

Topic #31174 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Both series are going to be Thursday-Sunday-Thursday

If both are sweeps I wonder if they will have the GF start on the Thursday that was booked for SF game 3.

Reply #409887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bet neither One or Ten will cover any games

Reply #409897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl for get that it is easter? People got plans on that day

Reply #409899 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

what you gotta chase an imaginary rabbit around for some Cadbury product?

Reply #409905 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

It's a pity for viewers that one of the series isn't seeded the other way around.
Perth & NZ home games will have a big time gap in between them. Then when it's time for the lower seeds to host their semi finals there is likely to be a direct clash of times. Hopefully they stagger the start times, since they're apparently not playing them on different days.

2 games on Easter Sunday with relatively little advanced notice for the home teams spells bad news for attendance numbers.

Reply #409906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ppl have lunches and dinners with family, with nz we got to watch a game at 2 in the arvo when they play in nz. U prob chase the cadbury sheeps around

Reply #409919 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"U prob chase the cadbury sheeps around"

10/10 for that totally original legendary call.

I'll let you in on a secret, it starts with Three and ends with Peat......

Reply #409961 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Il tell u a secret to, u played every team that had injuries to. Name a full team that u guyz have played against and won?

Reply #409969 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

So the breakers havnt had injuries? Idiot

3peat as my ringtone

Reply #409975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop your trash talkin cats82... people will think all us cats fans are ignorant and uneducated

Reply #409994 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Mystro acting like he was a key cog to the breakers recent success

Reply #409996 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I think the Breakers will get the ThreeCheat this year too.

Reply #410001 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

So the Perth game tickets are going on sale before their opponent is known.

Too bad for any fan of their opponent that wants to travel and support their team.

Reply #410019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tip off at 7.40 perth time, that is a bit late? Guessing it aint gona be on t.v? Any one no game 2 details? Surely clubs have booked in dates just incase they make the play offs?

Reply #410044 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Mystro acting like he was a key cog to the breakers recent success"

link?

Reply #410046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As good ove a season nz have had, if perth win fri it means that nz only beat perth by 2 games and the cats aint playing near what they can, so if i was a breaker i wouldnt be to cocky

Reply #410048 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Whats an ove?

Reply #410049 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"if i was a breaker i wouldnt be to cocky"

which Breaker is being Cocky?

Reply #410053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Situation

Dunno, something involving an egg, I guess.

@Mystro,

Maybe the one starting with Three and ending in Peat :)

Reply #410055 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

The ringtone is available on Dillon Bouchers website!

Reply #410066 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"@Mystro,

Maybe the one starting with Three and ending in Peat :)"

I support the Breakers, I don't play for them.
There is a big difference and at 24/3 why wouldn't I have some confidence in NZ getting the 3peat?

Reply #410078 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Il tell u a secret to, u played every team that had injuries to. Name a full team that u guyz have played against and won? "

cry me a river

Reply #410079 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

24*3 = 72
3*3=9

So in that ratio , they are emulating the bulls

3peat!

Reply #410102 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

24*3 = 72
3*3=9

3peat!

Reply #410103 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

24*3 = 72
3*3=9

3peat!

Reply #410104 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

"So the Perth game tickets are going on sale before their opponent is known.
Too bad for any fan of their opponent that wants to travel and support their team."

Ash, there will be a block of seats not on sale, set aside for visiting fans. It will be released to the opponents once they are known.
Then close to the day, any seats in the block that aren't taken will be put on general sale.
That's how it has always worked in the past anyway, and I'm pretty sure all teams have similar arrangements in place.

Reply #410115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go the breakers!!!

Reply #410118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh god, let a team get a 24-3 run and their supporters all just turn into knobs.

Very clever with posting in triplicate Bill, feel proud.

Reply #410122 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

jokes aside, it isn't as if any of us have any say in the outcome. should be a good series to watch if it eventuates

Reply #410127 | Report this post

Wildcats  
Years ago

Need a bit of trash talk i think? As long it is not personal.Perth could of finished on top as well, just the breakers had all the breaks go there way.

When we will find out if ten is going to cover the games? With a 7.40 tip off for game one and withe 3hr time difference i doubt that will see it on free to air?

Reply #410135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, it will be a good series. Have to admire how New Zealand was able to get over the line in every line-ball game. Any time they have gotten anywhere near an opponent, their belief has kicked in and they've overrun them.

Anything other than a NZ-Perth GF would be a let-down, even up to a farce. HCA advantage has probably already decided the series though. Which means the championship was decided and lost in matches like those with Cairns, where Perth couldn't get across the line, but NZ did.

I'm as parochial a WA boy as they come but, particularly after the 114 pt game, it would be daylight robbery if they didn't get the three-peat. (That hurt to type.)

Reply #410148 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"I'm as parochial a WA boy as they come but, particularly after the 114 pt game, it would be daylight robbery if they didn't get the three-peat. (That hurt to type.)"

Perth are going to be super tough and if they win, I will be gutted but at least they will have lost to a great team and Coach. Fingers crossed neither team has any injury issues either as I want 2 full strength teams to slug it out.

Reply #410149 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, this season was all about getting a rematch of last year's incredible GF, we're almost there!

Reply #410157 | Report this post

Wildcats  
Years ago

Can not see any team beating the top two, maybe they will drop a game away just to make a bit extra cash a game three for both perth and nz will see another 20.000 extra tickets sold so il be betting both semis will go to three games

Reply #410161 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:16 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754