SK
Years ago

Brisbane line-up

What I want to know is how come we are having so much trouble signing Farley, but Brisbane manage to easily sign Mackinnon, Rucker, Bradtke, Copeland, and Black, and still have players like Mick Hill and Daniel Egan? Are the older players more willing to take a substantial pay cut? are the no-name developmental players playing for free? or was Farley asking for something no team could afford? or again is there a litle money/bonuses changing hands under the table up in Brissbane?

Topic #3118 | Report this topic

igotmadskills  
Years ago

I have serious doubts how they can get that lineup under the 725 salary cap. Sydney are also the same.
I think farley would be asking more than any of the brissy players, that unfortunately makes me wonder why spend so much on 1 player when you could have bradke and daniel egan etc, 2 players for 1 for the same money. combined thay will average the same numbers as what farley did plus giving you different strengths and weaknesses and also a deeper roster.

Reply #35790 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

bradtke was a max player and also a 10 point player

he was only a 5 point player at melbourn because of the loyalty system

i can tell you now bradtkes askin price was more then what farley has signed for

Reply #35798 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The cap was $736,000 last season.

If Bradtke was a 10-point player, he could not have been 5 at Melbourne as he commenced his career with Adelaide. The maximum reduction would be 3 points (i.e., to give an internal rating of 7).

Because he played with the Tigers for longer than 10 seasons, he was able to transfer that internal rating to the Bullets.

Reply #35838 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

Sydney are going with one import only.

Reply #35929 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Goorjian?

Reply #40637 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754