Dr6
Years ago

Crosswell announces retirement

Congratulations on a fine career Crossie and all the best in your retirement. While you're in Wollongong can you have a chat to Forman about coming home.

Topic #31191 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Congratulations on a fine career and all the best for the future. 350 games at the national level in any sport is a great achievement.

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/article/id/1rr2xlncw4i8l19z0ssuy4oj9g

Adelaide 36ers co-captain Nathan Crosswell will be celebrating 350 games in the NBL this Saturday night and has announced that it will be his final NBL game.

Nathan began his NBL career in 1999 at the age of 20, when he joined the Melbourne Tigers.

Crossie as he is known to his team mates, has played for six clubs throughout his career; Melbourne Tigers, Victorian Titans, Victorian Giants, Cairns Taipans, Townsville Crocodiles and the Adelaide 36ers.

He won a championship with the Melbourne Tigers in 2007/08 and was selected for the Australian Boomers camp in 2008, but was unable to attend.

Nathan Crosswell said that he has been thinking about retirement for the past couple of months and made the decision with his family.

"Ever since I have started thinking about retiring, I knew that it was time. I would like to thank all my team mates, coaches, support staff and teams I have played in over the years,"

“I have had a long career in the NBL and have been lucky enough to play at the highest level in Australia for 14 years.”

The co-captain said that it has been getting tougher to train the older he gets.

“I've got guys that I’m playing with now whose birthdays are in the 1990s, it keeps you on your toes and it keeps you up with what’s going on, training during the week it is hard work.”

Adelaide 36ers General Manager Dean Parker said that Nathan has endured the many changes and challenges in league over the past 14 years and this makes him an exceptional talent.

“Nathan has been a great leader for this Club, he was vice-captain in 2011/12 and co-captain for season 2012/13 and he has earned the respect of all the players and Clubs he has played with over his 14 years, making him the great person he is, both on and off the court.”

“We would like to wish Nathan, Roslyn, Harrison and Emily all the best for the future and thank him for his fantastic contribution to the Adelaide 36ers and to Australian basketball.”

Nathan’s final game is an away game against the Wollongong Hawks in Wollongong this Saturday night

Reply #410150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Nathan have any other qualifications?

Post Basketball!!

Reply #410154 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He got a lot out of himself, that's for sure. His composure in the 2008 GF where he was the starter was superb, well done Nate. Best of luck in the future.

Reply #410155 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

im a bit dissapointed he didnt announce it before the last home game..
Definately a crafty pg that made the most of his abilities.

Reply #410164 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

All the best Crossie!

(will not sneak in a joke about his free throw style)

Reply #410170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Met him a few time, will make a great coach..

Reply #410171 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Congratulations to him on a broad career. Stayed fit and determined until the end.

Reply #410172 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I remember his first game with the Tigers when he was actually given decent minutes. It was in Adelaide, hit a couple huge 3s, really instrumental in a tough road win. But that was still in the Lindsay era with young players rarely featuring in the guard rotation so he didn't get much court time after that. Fortunately other coaches saw his obvious potential. He really became a quality NBL player under Goorj.

Reply #410380 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:00 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754