Anonymous
Years ago

Boti not in paper but online

Can someone please let me know why Boti has not been writing any of his 'around the NBL' articles in the Advertiser???
I dont want anyone telling me its because he's been on annual leave because he's been writing articles for his web site the whole time he has been absent from the paper!!
I'm writing this because his article online today is fantastic and spot on and should be in the paper where everybody will pay more attention to it!!
For decent basketball writing and the basketball truth we need his articles back in the paper!!

Topic #31196 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Can someone please let me know why Boti has not been writing any of his 'around the NBL' articles in the Advertiser???
He's been on leave.
I dont want anyone telling me its because he's been on annual leave because he's been writing articles for his web site the whole time he has been absent from the paper!!
Sorry, but he's been on leave, but can still write articles on his personal site. What's the problem with that?
For decent basketball writing and the basketball truth we need his articles back in the paper!!
Write to the newspaper and complain. It's their call.

What article are you referencing today? Didn't see anything particularly exciting from him on AdelaideNow today - did I miss something?

Reply #410225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long service leave actually

Reply #410226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Busy hard at work down in Panther land Boti is?

Reply #410229 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Isn't he over in the US watching his daughter player college ball or something?

Reply #410231 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Isaac I think the OP is referring to Boti's article on his site about Opals coach etc.

Reply #410232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not too suttle swipe at Phil Brown interviewing for the Opals position. Phil has had personal invovlement in the development of the best female basketballers this country has ever produced. It's also far too simplistic for Boti to rant that Blind Frederick could have led that talented group to the WNBL Championship. What Boti overlooked is that group whilst extremely talented it was also very young 16 - 19 year olds playing against seasoned veterans! How quickly Boti forgets I remember him coaching some super talented Forrestville U-14 & U-16 girl teams which should have won something but came up with doughnuts! A lot of people thought that Blind Frederick should have coached those teams to some Championships!

Reply #410237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didn't i read an article about WNBL awards in the paper today, the hard copy paper, from Boti

Reply #410240 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

Yes, he's had several short pieces published in the 'tiser in recent days.

And I agree his piece on his web site today is well worth a read.

Wonder how long before he lets us into the otcomes of that WNBL working group he was part of?

I get the distinct impression he is becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of action &/or poor, even damaging decisions around the women's side of the sport at least.

Reply #410251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well the ABC trying to get the WNBL to shorten the length of it's season is a bit of a big deal.

Reply #410254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his info on the 3 candidates for teh Opals gig is may not be correct

Reply #410256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Issac, the original post was actually giving Boti some credit saying his articles on his own private web site are the articles that should be in the paper.
Apart from the hard core basketball fans I would doubt many people would read his web site articles.
The article he wrote about the opals head coaching gig was fantastic and should have been read not just by the die hard basketball fan, but the general sport fan.
People need to know how much Basketball Australia are stuffing things up at the moment!!

Reply #410376 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Media and general public don't really care a whole lot, unfortunately.

Reply #410377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754