cats82
Years ago

Wildcats v Breakers

Officially a sell out, well done to every one that supports this great team. Plus it's a game that has no effect on the final standings but yet people in Perth are behind basketball here.

Rd 1 of the AFL starts sat between West coast and
freo and there still tickets available, just shows how popular the cats are and the lack of coverage they get.

Hope it's a great game and all the best for both teams in the finals

Topic #31212 | Report this topic

Thirty Suxers  
Years ago

it amazes me that this game is not played on TV tonight, why 10 or the NBL doesn't see this as a 'must see' game astounds me! Hopefully they prove me wrong... But wouldn't this game help sell the NBL even more with a quality crowd and stadium and the 2 best teams going at it. Seems a no-brainer to me!

Reply #410399 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Of the three games on tonight, it's the one that is meaningless. Don't worry, there'll be at least one more televised Perth home game this season, but more likely 2-3 of them.

Reply #410407 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

This game may not affect the standings, but it is far from meaningless.

Reply #410412 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

OK, I take that back. Looks like the Cats are taking it easy.

@PerthWildcats
Damian Martin has been ruled out of tonight's top-of-the-table clash against NZ due to a heel injury. #RedArmy

Reply #410454 | Report this post

JimmyBuckets  
Years ago

I'd be backing the Breakers, even if Martin was playing, to me they are the better team, and play the better style which will help them win.

The breakers would have to be odds on favourites to 3 peat at this stage, cant see anyone beating them in a playoff series, unless something happens to Cedric.

As much as many of us Aussies wouldnt want a NZ team winning, i was of that opinion the last couple of years, im actually sort of going for the Breakers a huge fan of Jackson, Abercrombie, Vukona, CJ, Webster and like the way they go about it.

If the GF series was against anyone but Perth, I'd cheer on the Aussie team, just over Perths attitude and the way they go about it, making the league very scrappy. Some of the scores and shooting % in games they have played have made it very unattractive to watch at times, which is not good for the league. But my head would think Breakers against anyone.

Sadly i thought the Hawks could have given them a shake before all the injuries and would have loved to see a Hawks v Breakers GF series, would be entertaining, 2 talented well coached teams going about it the right way, without the dirty tactics, to me thats the true test of a team/coach can you win without playing dirty, Breakers and Hawks can, can Perth?

Same as most teams v Goorj teams in the past, and the reason why teams like the 36ers did regularly beat them in the playoffs is they played propper basketball at a high level, like the Breakers and Hawks (when fully fit) do now.

Reply #410469 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's funny how people think the Breakers play 'clean' basketball. These guys have been around the world, they know all the tricks.

Reply #410480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^^ You are a tosa! U got no idea what you are on about. Perth are 2-1 up on the breakers, bea them by 20+ in both of there wins. So how they are better? Might be better playing the other teams but perth are up the with them and if they beat them in the gf would you be surprised? I wont be...

Sick of people talking how perth play, look at cairns, there games makes you not even want watch bball

Reply #410486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jimmy buckets u may have had a few buckets before ou went on here

Reply #410487 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

It may be meaningless as far as standings go, but for the NBL, this would be game to show if it wants to showcase the league at its best! 12,000+ people for a top of the table clash on the final round of the season - these games don't come around that often and certainly not infront of this size of crowd either.

Its not the end of the world though - I'll reserve my judgement on the TV schedule to see what Channel 10 decide to do for the finals - thats a greater concern...

Reply #410490 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"2 talented well coached teams going about it the right way, without the dirty tactics, to me thats the true test of a team/coach can you win without playing dirty, Breakers and Hawks can, can Perth?"

Hmm, two tribunal incidents in two weeks. One caused by a Hawk, the other where a Hawks was found guilty. Who exactly is the dirty team again?

Reply #410491 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Breakers paying $2.65..

Reply #410492 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Pretty long odds against a team missing their starting PG. Must say I am tempted.

Reply #410496 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Thanks alexkrad. Just spent $50 to guarantee his evening has a happy ending.

Reply #410500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ under 10.5 paying $3.95..

Reply #410501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is our house! This is our game! Come on you boys in Red!

Reply #410515 | Report this post

Nike Al  
Years ago

Nice work cats they win the series 3 to 1

Reply #410521 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Cats82 will b selabrating so muchh write noe. It woz a hell ove a gaem.

Reply #410522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome FT shooting by both teams, 10/22 combined.

Reply #410527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no idea what happened with the FT shooting. Wildcats FT% at home has been great, then these last two games it's fallen apart. But NZ as well were shocking...

Very weird- lot of rim-out stuff though. There's just something about those crazy rims...

Reply #410528 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Congrats to the Cats on the win, will give them tons of confidence going into the finals.
Cory Webster with another decent scoring night the only positive for NZ.

Reply #410529 | Report this post

Wildcats  
Years ago

Just asking, went to the game and perth was selling breakers jersys, i find that a bit odd and dissapointing. No disrespect to nz but if they had an nbl stand with every team that u can buy gear then fair enough. All in all was a good hit out for both teams and if jackson leaves webster will slot in fine his gettin better

Reply #410538 | Report this post

Wildcats  
Years ago

Just asking, went to the game and perth was selling breakers jersys, i find that a bit odd and dissapointing. No disrespect to nz but if they had an nbl stand with every team that u can buy gear then fair enough. All in all was a good hit out for both teams and if jackson leaves webster will slot in fine his gettin better

Reply #410539 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Perth playing NZ. Heaps of kiwis in Perth. Heaps of Breakers fans at the game. Perth & NZ jerseys for sale. I'm really not seeing a problem with this scenario.
It's a little unusual to see, but only because there should be more of it, not less.
There were a lot of Breakers fans in the arena last night and the atmosphere was better for it.

Reply #410562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the way, how bad was Bartlett and Hire? Could not buy a basket and silly turnovers, including one where Bartlett passed it directly to a Breaker's player. Sheesh.

Reply #410747 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:42 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754