Sylvie
Years ago

Where is coach Culbertson?

Hello everybody, I'm wondering if anyone know's where coach Big John Culbertson is? Is he still in Australia, is he still coaching, or did he went back to the US (Chigago)??? Can anybody help with some info please? Much appreciated! Thank you :-)

Topic #31221 | Report this topic

FYI  
Years ago

Darwin

Reply #410510 | Report this post

Sylvie  
Years ago

FYI, thank you for your response! Very pleased with that, thanks. If he's in Darwin, do you know where he works or how to contact him, anything? I'm living in The Netherlands, and I don't know that much about Darwin...
Sylvie

Reply #410524 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Just googled John as i played alongside him. I had no idea he was the MVP at Oak Hill the same accolade as few other players like Melo,Rondo and Stackhouse.

I saw him in Darwin a few years back where he was running an electronics store and helping the local basketball league.

Reply #410541 | Report this post

Sylvie  
Years ago

Thank you BJF, for sharing all this information with me. It's nice to know he was MVP at Oak Hill. I think he stayed in Darwin than and didn't went back to Chicago if he was running a store. Do you perhaps remember the name of the store? I hope I might can find him tru that lead....?
Thanks again for your reply, I appreciate it a lot!
Sylvie

Reply #410556 | Report this post

Sylvie  
Years ago

BJF, just being bold her and a personal question if you don't mind...as you played alongside him, what do you remember about him as a person?
Thanks again,
Sylvie

Reply #410558 | Report this post

LeRoid James  
Years ago

I know John well, or knew him well before he moved state. He worked for "The Good Guys" here in Adelaide so maybe he is still with them interstate.

John is a great coach, players play so hard for him and hang on his every word. John is a really funny guy off the court, will happily chat and act like your best friend off the court when he see's you.

John when playing gets the "white line fever" as they call it, and is a very competitive human being. As a coach thought he is great, Ive been coached by him, watched him coach kids and played with him for a number of years.

Reply #410716 | Report this post

Scott  
Years ago

He is now in Melbourne working and living. Met him for the first time yesterday.

Reply #506787 | Report this post

Dan  
Years ago

John is indeed in Melbourne area,, I work beside him in the Department of Justice,, Good bloke,,

Reply #508710 | Report this post

John culbertson  
Years ago

Sylvie look me up on facebook in melbourne australia

Reply #691090 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754