DJ MOEY
Years ago

Tigers Imports

Does anyone have any news on whether Tigers imports Seth Scott & Jonny Flynn will be sticking around next season. I believe the tigers had the best import pairing this season & think the tigers would be very close to going all the way next season if they can keep the neucleas of the team together.I know when my team wasnt playing on TV the Tigers were my next preferred team to watch.

Topic #31265 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both gone.

Neither required but its mutual

Reply #411097 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Cedrick Jackson > Flynn + Scott

Reply #411098 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tigers and Scott have been in contract negotiations. Both parties have said publicly they are keen for Scott to play next season but it is down to financials. Whether the story is different privately I dont know.

Reply #411110 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anstey's comment on Flynn: "Do we expect him to come back? No. Will we talk to him? Absolutely."

Reply #411111 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

The mystery around Scott is if he will be healthy or not.. He has back issues and if you've ever had any back injuries some take months or years to recover from, if you even do recover from them.

Flynn. I wouldn't put any money on it.

Reply #411115 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Tigers are activly talking with Scott pending medicals etc.

Flynn wants to get back in the league and as much as the Tigers want to talk with him....Flynn doesn't come cheap and will be looking at all his options in Europe/getting back into the league.

Reply #411117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers do not want Scott....wants too much, brings too little. Do not believe the hype!

Reply #411128 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

The word I've heard that both imports won't be back next season,both imports wants a pay rise after a good season.great pair won't team up unless drafted to another nbl team,which is highly unlikely.

Reply #411171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An increase over the reported $50,000 a month.

Reply #411187 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Yep both want a rise and i can see why best pairing in league.

Scott - best strech 4 in the league this year...when fit great on baords and can score inside & out.

One of the best import big men to hit our shores for a while

Flynn - Second best import guard in the league behind Jackson...no worth $50k plus thou

Reply #411189 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

What do we think Jackson would be on $150-180k?

Reply #411190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Flynn's agent will ask the Wildcats if they're interested 8D

Reply #411194 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Tigers retain a nucleus? I don't understand that concept, I'm pretty sure if Melbourne don't win they just sack everyone and start again.

Reply #411225 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Flynn - Second best import guard in the league"

Not sure he is, maybe in a pack with Ervin, Lisch, Wilson and Deleon but I dont think Id take him first out of that group.

Reply #411231 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti is saying Wortho to Tigers.

Reply #411236 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

As for Scott, the guy started great and then averaged 10 & 5 the last 20-odd games. He is a very good athlete and shooter but his bball IQ isnt high and isnt a great contributor if not scoring. Not worth a pay rise IMO.

Reply #411237 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

Flynn = Gone
Scott = Needs to restup his back and let it recover. Talents aren't too shabby and he's still relatively young

Reply #411255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho/Gibson/new import in

Flynn/Scott Out

Reply #411262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers Watcher: are you taking the piss?
Need to watch a little closer.

Scott "Best stretch four man in the league"? He ain't even the best four man in his team. "Great on the boards" - you need to redefine "great" my friend. Mark Davis was great on the boards.....Scott is occasionally adequate. Gives up more offensive rebounds to opponents than almost any other forward in the league. "One of the best big men to hit our shores for a while" - I would have thought the kid who filled in for Perth was a lot better. Same too every time Pledger and Vukona touch down in Australia.

Flynn second best point in the league? He is the second best point every time he plays. Poor control of tempo, doesn't release the ball, poor shooter and a monumentally bad defender.

Best tandem? Oh man....this line disgraces the great tandems of the past in Crawford/Bruton, Fisher/Dillon etc

Reply #411265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul what is scott on if getting paid to much
i heard he was not getting paid enough

Reply #411268 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Anon....Scotts numbers pre injury were very solid in both boards & points.

I wasn't comparing Scott to past legends like Davis but i don't think we can argue that for a last few years we haven't had many if any good 4/5 imports!

Reply #411284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, Gary Wilkinson, Diamon Simpson and Ira Clark are shite!!

Reply #411303 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Tigers can do much better than Flynn and Scott. With Goulding's improvement this season, along with the impending arrivals of Worthington and Gibson, the Tigers should get Dunigan to patrol the paint as their sole import. That would be a team I would pay to go and watch.

Reply #411320 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

Big Red , owned this league. Miss him at the breakers , he had style and was a winner. Dropping 3s everytime they need one

Reply #411321 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I think when it was said we haven't had many if any 4/5 imports of late... I remember David Van Dyke getting like 15 rebounds and 11 blocks (correct me if I'm wrong) in a game, to me that is the only way any import should be compared to Davis, Bolden or Crawford. If your not averaging at least 3 rebounds a quarter then your not in the conversation and that is why Wilkinson should NEVER be mentioned in the same post as Mark 'mr chairman of the boards' Davis

Reply #411384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilkinson, two titles in two years. Not many can compare to that.

Reply #411387 | Report this post

Bill Russell  
Years ago

Davis played in a different era , He was the NBL version of rodman on the boards but with a better attitude.
Big Red is a champ and he won't comeback to this league to any other team but NZ

Reply #411397 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Looks like Flynn to Bobcats http://www.australiabasket.com/Australia/basketball.asp?NewsID=312851&showcomments=1&Women=0#c seems a pretty small PG lineup there.

Reply #411457 | Report this post

Jack Sparrow  
Years ago

Maybe somebody in the NBL can try get Taylor Griffin down
Here from the D League!
Luke Zeller
Hassan Whiteside?

Reply #411458 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754