Jack Toft
Years ago

2012/13 Sixers MVP

Sixers MVP night tomorrow night. Who is your tip?

To help with your choice, the key stats:

Johnson 16.5 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 0.5 spg
Gibson 11.9 / 3.8 / 5.0 / 0.8
Petrie 10.8 / 6.0 / 1.1 /0.5
Weigh 10.2 / 5.9 / 1.5 / 0.4
Schensh 9.0 / 6.1 / 1.9 / 0.8
Cadee 8.0 / 2.3 /2.6 / 0.5
MC 5.8/2.6/0.5/0.8
CJ 4.1/0.9/0.2/0.4
NC 3.1/1.1/1.7/0.3
SC 2.9/1.9/0.4/0.1
TD 2.6/1.1/0.9/0.4
JW 1.0/0.7/0.3/0.0
PV 0.8/0.8/0.2/0.1

I think the only awards are:

MVP; Best Defensive Player.

The stats are pretty close, but DJ stands out from most.

Topic #31271 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I mean surely DJ will get it, but he really has had a shithouse season. Guys who demand as many shots in the offense as he does, should be game breakers. He is not. Lost season, token award.

Reply #411230 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I'm tipping Marty Clarke to take home the 36ers Coach of the Year award.

Reply #411232 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Should be Gibson comfortably, the heart and soul of the team.

Reply #411233 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Gibson, the heart and soul of the team....yep,thats spot on.

i rest my case

Reply #411239 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Since I value defence, I will be very disappointed if DJ gets it over Gibbo.

Reply #411247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ, unfortunately.

Reply #411253 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I second the 'Gibson, the heart and soul of the team' comments.

Reply #411266 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

DJ should win the MVP comfortably....was easily our best player. Gibbo had a poor season by expectations or he is just over rated but he will pick up the DPOY award.

Reply #411275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ was perhaps the biggest reason, apart from Clarke, that Adelaide was bad. No team can afford to have someone who is that bad defensively and that inefficient offensively as a major player.

When he grows up he will be a very good player, but the 36ers have taken some huge lumps by trying to quicken up his development.

Reply #411278 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Maybe they will give it to Gibbo to entice him to stay... Make him CAPTAIN, club president, CEO if it helps!

Reply #411279 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

MVP: Race between DJ and Gibbo?
DPOY: Race between Gibbo and Petrie?

Reply #411285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo just won best defensive

Gibbo and Daly shared the players player award

Daly won most improved

Reply #411342 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Most Improved: Tom Daly
Defensive Player: Adam Gibson
Players' Player of the Year: Adam Gibson & Tom Daly

Reply #411343 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Why should Gibson win the 36ers MVP? I know some people say he's the heart and soul of the team, but he went missing so many times through the year.

Personally I think DJ should win it for the 2nd time. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he has been by far our most consistent performer this season. He scored almost 5 ppg more than any of his team mates and led the league in rebounding. And he did it playing out of position for the most part (IMO he's a centre and not a PF, even though he can play the 4 spot effectively).

Reply #411352 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson has won his second straight Mark Davis Trophy as the Adelaide 36ers MVP for 2012-13, according to Twitter and the 36ers website.

Reply #411353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And in doing so has totally mocked and degraded the award. Guy is a hack a true ball hog, black hole when it gets in his hands, led a team basewd on his award to 8 fucking wins. Somehow find a way to cut his contract up and let him hobble away!

Reply #411358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats a bit rough isn't it?

One of the top scorers in the league and top rebounders.

If he played Terry Dozier'esque defence he'd probably in Europe.

Sure...prone to mental lapses but overall the package is filled with positives.

Reply #411375 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Reply #411381 | Report this post

RRose  
Years ago

Who votes for the MVP? Was it the coaches on a game by game basis?

Reply #411389 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Peter Walsh stole the show. He was resplendent in a striking bright pink suit and bedazzled tie. It was something only an eccentric uncle could get away with wearing. (Not even Rupert could have managed it)

CJ scored 7 MVP votes, SC 6. CJ was omitted from the final board, but votes were:

DJ 130; Gibbo 100, Peach 100; Weigh 68; Schench 54; Cadee 32; Creek 6; Christopherson 5; Crossie 2.

There was a nice presentation to Crossie on a brilliant career. It's amazing what a "fat, lazy slob from Ballina" (his words not mine) can achieve. Well done.

The Silver Fox spoke about the stadium deal and said there would be a formal announcement next week. He also spoke about the Lightning/Sixers alignment is certain areas and this will only be exciting for both teams. A very bright future ahead.

Reply #411392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Christopherson got 5 votes??????

Reply #411429 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

More to the point SC got more points than Daly, Pero and Crossie combined!!! (going by the spread in a previous post).

Reply #411450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the top scorers in the league
----------------------

Only because he takes so many shots. A 6'11 guy shooting 40% and being the bottom team's leading scorer is an indictment not a good thing.

Hopefully under a new coach he can show his 2011/12 form and add some defence to that.

Reply #411453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke and Radford need to be given joint MVP's. How they managed to take 3 years salary from the 6ers and produce such utter garbage of a basketball product, and have the audacity to blame the players and take no responsibility at all is amazing! Top votes from me, pulled the wool over everyones eyes.

DJ, well just tragic that he is coming back next season, he doesnt have team orientated bone in his shoot first second and third body. Great product of Clarke and Radford to remember them by.

Reply #411466 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754