Anonymous
Years ago

Aust U19 Men's Team to tour China in April 2013

Here's the team to go to China (excluding Dante Exum who will be in the US playing the Nike world challenge)

Australian U19 Men's Team to tour China in April 2013:

Mirko Djeric, NSW/CoE
Nicholas Duncan, NSW/CoE
Anthony Fisher, VIC
Fabijan Krslovic, NSW
Jock Landale, VIV (I hadn't hear of this guy before, a search turned up 6'10 height...)
Gerard Martin, NSW/CoE
Emmett Naar, NSW/CoE
Josh Oswald, VIC
Keanu Pinder, WA (first time selected to an aus rep team)
Dane Pineau, VIC/CoE
Felix Vonhofe VIC/CoE
Dougal Weir, NSW

Staff:

Head Coach, Damien Cotter, NSW
Assistant Coach, Paul Goriss, ACT, CoE
Assistant Coach, Al McAughtry, Vic

Are these heights right, who finish it?

Emmett Naar, NSW 184
Anthony Fisher, VIC ?
Gerard Martin, NSW 190
Mirko Djeric, NSW 192
Felix Vonhofe VIC 195
Josh Oswald, VIC ?
Keanu Pinder, WA ?
Nicholas Duncan, NSW 203
Fabijan Krslovic, NSW 204
Dane Pineau, VIC 205
Dougal Weir, NSW 206
Jock Landale, VIV 208

Topic #31279 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Jock Landale is closer to 6'11" and is a product of the Geelong Supercats program and a Country Victorian.

He has had another growth spurt over the last year and has really improved his skill level, has a solid post game and is quite athletic for his size.

Still has filling out to go, as do most at this age, great to see him make this team I wish him well...

Reply #411409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

check out Jock Landale here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gODsSDsRaE

Reply #411412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the better talent, Pineau or Duncan ?

Reply #411423 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Anyone have any info on where the games are being played in China?

Reply #411459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are the South Aussies?

More proof the guy at the top is incapable of finding and developing talent for this level.

Needs to be sacked immediately.

Reply #411487 | Report this post

or... maybe the kids at that age aren't better than the kids that got picked??

But of course you would know better and be able to develop a bunch of NBA superstars I suppose.

Everyone is a fucking expert from the cheap seats

Reply #411497 | Report this post

@ Anonymous....and just to follow that up, the coaching Directors from Queensland, Tasmania, and ACT are all shit too??

WA really as well, because the only kid who is any good in TIny Pinder's son but he has the genes so the Coaches over there haven't developed anyone??

WHat a tool

Reply #411498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

vonhofe and martin had some average u20 tournaments compared to some of the SA boys, Davis also unlucky to not be picked over pinder

Reply #411513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok whale please tell me why we should have to continue to have him and his poor communication as well as his bias and outdated programs?

If I'm so wrong explain to me why every other state has updated it's programs and director while SA is the one state doing the same thing as 20 years ago, and without the success it had prior to the current director.

Reply #411524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Sam johns had been asked to suckers training like a sturt player was he may have been selected but no he plays for the tigers so can't have him here!

And Gliddon has no clue wouldn't send my kids to Sassi in a million years

Reply #411528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

aah some gold old southern inferiority complex...

Reply #411534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No just he was the last person cut from the under 17 team last year, clearly the best player in SA in his age group yet doesn't get the same opportunity as people from other clubs

Reply #411546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon,

mybe look at the entire organisation. We have grades with only 8 teams, more country kids than ever, and only 2 suitably performing clubs. While other states have grown and developed their club structure, SA have been left lanuishing with an inferior competiton compared to all other states who use a competition rather than an every one gets a go schedule.

Reply #411548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or the fact other states head coaches don't direct players to one club!!

Reply #411553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DOnt let the facts that both Forestville and Nowrood get more kids get in the way of a good story.

Reply #411571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have seen him in action telling kids to go to sturt

Reply #411574 | Report this post

doh  
Years ago

Oh course you have.

Reply #411584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His mother told everyone at the club that she thought it was disgraceful it was happening

Reply #411587 | Report this post

doh  
Years ago

Yeah. She couldn't possibly have been.bullshitting.

Reply #411594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So it goes from "I've seen" to "Someone told everyone that...". Riiiiiiitttttttteeeeeee!

Reply #411595 | Report this post

Neutrel  
Years ago

I've seen it and experienced it
No wonder the government pulled the money on sasi
Its a disgrace !!!!!!!!!
The government paying for Sturts recruiting officer

Reply #411619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank you nuetral

Reply #411627 | Report this post

The fact is this.
He is employed to do a job. His bosses oversee his performance just like anyone else. The difference is that the IT guys, Policemen, School teachers tend not to get a wole lot of people voicing their opinions about their performance on a website.

Whether you like it or not, the people on this forum do not employ or set the performance levels for the State Director. Again, his bosses do.

If he was not performing to their satisfaction he would be counselled and then receive performance management (probably through warnings) until he improved his performance or lost his job.

As you say, he has had that job for 20 years or so and I have never heard a rumour that he has been on performance management.
I guess your concern is that his bosses must have a Sturt bias too because they haven't sacked him???

I don't know why Sam Johns didn't get an invite. There could be 100 reasons other than playing performance. For all I know he may have knocked it back.

If you want to look at why SA aren't doing well try the following
Population
The way the competition is set up to encourage mediocrity
Lack of talls
Coaches coaching to win grand finals at Junior level rather than developing kids (including down to Under 10 level)

Have a look at the complaints about the way BSA is run on this forum.

Maybe your answer lies there

Reply #411633 | Report this post

Neutrel  
Years ago

It would be interesting to know his KPI's
Has the position ever been advertised to see if there is a better candidate?
As surely the type of position it is it he would be employed for a period of time before the position was advertised again!
Do His bosses know anything about the sport so are not in a position to pass judgement but are easy to have the wool{2 shades of blue} pulled over their eyes
So Many questions, so many conspiracies

Reply #411643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The last two posters get ready for the belting from the sturt protectors

Reply #411658 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

While I'd rather stick to the topic, I can only wonder about the infighting and sledging between people on two sides of the fence over in S.A.

As an outsider, I have no real idea of how your system works, other than to give you this viewpoint.

Sturt Basketball appears to be one of the stronger Associations in S.A. from what I have experienced at under 12-16 junior Nationals at the club based level that is...

They are often providing teams across most ages and genders, they are usually there abouts, or in the finals and they appear (from the outside at least) to be well coached and organised.

This, of course, could be just a perception as I have no close or direct involvement, just what I have observed.

People outside Vic may believe Melbourne Tigers are the benchmark down here, but there is much more to it down south than that too...

I have heard quite a bit about Sam Johns, I am sure he is in the mix, you can't fit 11 into 10 though...

Sometimes a kid misses out on team selection just because they can't fit another one in, I wouldn't be looking at conspiracy theories, if I were in S.A. I would be looking at how many kids would rather play football, and why..!!?

Reply #411661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets not forget Johns was injured leading up to nationals, you know, during the period that these people expected him to be invited to 6ers practice.

I like Johns a lot, but I'm not sure he has a position internationally.

Not only that, but Daly's teams always seemed to beat his in finals.

Reply #411668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear,

the green eyed devil is a bitch.

Sturt are nothing like Melbourne. More like Dandenong. As much as you hear that they poach players from other clubs, Forestville and Norwood both have more players transfer into their club.

Reply #411689 | Report this post

Green98  
Years ago

Reminds me of the Australian Crickets side- no Queenslanders.

Reply #412114 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Good to see a big fella coming through in Landale, we're a bit thin on decent bigs in the junior ranks.

Question above re Duncan v Pineau. Interesting comparision due to their different styles of play. It's really hard to know at the moment who will be better. A lot will depend on this next four year peiod, which is crucial for their development. I'd expect Pineau to get a lot of playing time at St Mary's. Does anyone know where Duncan is going? If not, does he have a shortlist of schools? Or is he going to the NBL?

Reply #412193 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

AFAIK, Duncan has not yet sign a LOI for a college state side and I am not aware of who is chasing him.

Duncan is an interior player, whilst Pineau is a player more in the mould of a Daniel Kickert who likes to play outside in...

Reply #412235 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754