Anonymous
Years ago

Experienced SA Referee

I found out on the weekend that one of SA's experienced basketball officials has decided to leave the refereeing game.
This referee has officiated at the senior level in SA for the past 13 years and has attened 10 National Junior Championships with 3 gold medals - he will be missed on the floor.
I have also heard that he is going to try his hand at referee evaluating so to keep his hand in the game that he loves so much.
Well done CC, lets hope you can filter you knowlege and experienced of the game onto many of the new, up and coming referees in this state.

Topic #3129 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris you will be missed on the floor. You will be valued as an evaluator but why don't you continue. They need you still.

Reply #35896 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Did anyone at a higher place try and talk you back on to the pine CC?

Oh well, time to join the retired referees who are better than half the current ABL referees squad!

Looks like more time towards that personal hoo haa!

Reply #35912 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Maybe CC you can come and learn the ropes of the Dj industry and place some beats at games?

Reply #35913 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Chris,

On behalf of all those refs that you stopped to chat to and point in the right direction in refereeing, I'd just like to say THANK YOU!

Reply #35926 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Excuse what may be a dumb question to many, but who is CC?

Reply #35933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Clarke

Reply #35934 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

cc = corn chip ?

Reply #35971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but Chris was the Evaluator on the Mens game at M/Vale Saturday Night.
From what I saw of the game he will need a new pen for his next game as the Junior Ref on the game would have kept him busy writing all night long

Reply #36077 | Report this post

big brother  
Years ago

looks like Fevloas OUT! Clakkas!

Reply #36180 | Report this post

ujdsvb  
Years ago

yeah

Reply #256082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly didn't officiate at southern.

Reply #256167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Several officials from Southern were arrested on Friday night for impersonating referees!

Reply #256233 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754