Pete Mac
Years ago

Nathan Jawai named Euroleague MVP of the Week

Nate Jawai was unstoppable for Barcelona Regal on Friday night, dominating inside, leading his team to victory with a career night and in the process earning Top 16 Week 13 bwin MVP honors. Jawai was the leading man in Barca's 69-77 victory over Montepaschi in Siena, Italy. Making just his third start of the season in place of injured February MVP Ante Tomic, Jawai went for 22 points and 12 rebounds in compiling a performance index rating of 34, which led all players in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague this week.

Topic #31293 | Report this topic

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

He looked a lot fitter from the highlights I saw. Good on him be great to see him in the boomers again.

Reply #411611 | Report this post

Jim Bert  
Years ago

That dunk! Nasty Nate!

Reply #411615 | Report this post

Jack Sparrow  
Years ago

He monstered that hoop , great to see a big man with great hands.

Getn Buckets!

Reply #411618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would love to see him back with the boomers

Reply #411624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully under the new coach Jawai will be given a legit opportunity with the Boomers.

Reply #411656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who would have thought he would be one of the best Aussie's in Europe this season along with the best Aussie @ Barca?

Great Job Nate!!

Reply #411660 | Report this post

Jack Sparrow  
Years ago

There's a need for his type of body and skillset in the euroleague , as long az he stays fit , he will excel

Reply #411676 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

It only takes several key performances like this to show the NBA scouts he is worth another look, time will tell and consistency will be his friend...

Reply #411678 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

highlight video

http://www.euroleague.tv/video/id/2181084

good to see some back to the basket low post moves from Jawai. most of the points I've seen him score this season have been from high pick and roll finishing with monster dunks. which are entertaining and awesome, but additionally being able to score of the low block will make him an great offensive threat.

Reply #411707 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Thats great to see Nate doing well. Im over in the US atm and watching kids playing on venice beach and in the parks etc and so many 6ft5 guys exploding and dunking everywhere. when i talk to them and ask if they play anywhere they say no, dropped out of high school and got involved in the wrong crowd etc. just wonder how many of these kids could have been successful if they had good role models and stayed in school.

Reply #411730 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Still quite suprised he hasn't got another NBA gig.

He is everything that NBA coaches and execs. love about a center.

Physical, athletic, strong, big.

I think he just shows the nature of the NBA these days..in terms of age.

Execs. are over-looking 26 year olds..the modern thought seems to be that that is too old.

Reply #411784 | Report this post

EL  
Years ago

The NBA managers are all morons. That is why. Euroleague for example is loaded with great players. Guys like Rubio were scrubs in Euroleague.

A guy like Prigioni was washed up for years in Euroleague.

Hell, a guy like Ohlbrecht could not even make the rosters of Euroleague teams and he easily made an NBA roster.

The truth is the NBA is against signing Euroleague players almost as a policy. They can't have the idiot USA fan base start to grasp how the Euroleague is actually better than the NBA.

But rest assured, that tons of Euroleague scrubs will continue to be signed by NBA teams. Scrubs.....not the good players.

It's all done on purpose.

Reply #412295 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Bloody hell, school holidays!

Reply #412309 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Euroleague v NBA, there is a whole new thread in that one for sure...

It was interesting to see how the best under 19's in Euro played against the, so called best of the US of A last year in the Nike game!

Euro boys played the more team oriented style, while the Afro' American dominated US team was all about 'ME' as they tried to win it as individuals.

Result, a win to Euro....

NBA is about the show, above all else, is it not?

That being the case, JAWAI should get a gig, he is the Big Show!!

Reply #412367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

World team dont get many wins in that, nice to see the world team pinch one though.

Reply #412370 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@anon

Yes, World team, not Euro Team, sorry my bad on that one and I think the record now is something like 11 - 5 USA which isn't bad since they always seem to like playing it in America...

Reply #412374 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754