Wondering Coach
Years ago

Am I the only person who doesn't rate Nerlens Noel

As the title suggests, 'Am I the only one who doesn't rate Nerlens Noel?'

Obviously there must be something about him, otherwise Coach Callipari would not have recruited him, but I saw a lot of Kentucky this season, and he did not impress me at all.

Obviously he can Block a shot, but that seems to be the ONLY thing he can do......

Someone try and sway me towards liking him.

Topic #31300 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Yep!

Reply #411796 | Report this post

Years ago

allow for development - he has foundations correct

Reply #411802 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Hasheem Thabeet 2.0

Reply #411807 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

I don't rate him either. Half the player Anthony Davis was in terms of the NBA skill set. Just because his blocking a lot of shots in college doesn't mean he can do it in the NBA. Just look at Davis. Noel's offensive game is considerable worse than what Drummonds was.

I might be a bit harsh and i know he tries hard but i really dislike his attitude as well.Just my opinion.

Reply #411808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only foundation he has in his game is athleticism.

Reply #411809 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I too tend to agree. I think the general consensus is that he'll develop somewhere between Davis and Drummond but after watching him a few times this season, I'm not sold at all. Having said that, Kentucky were considerably worse when he went down with injury.

The other issue with Noel is that injury. For a player who relies predominantly on his athleticism to be effective, a knee injury could derail his career and really hurt his potential. The fact he's still tipped to go top 5 in pretty much every mock draft is surprising.

Unfortunately, I think of Greg Oden when hearing about Noel and his injury and for a kid who had similar potential to Oden, that's not a good thing.

Reply #411818 | Report this post

Definetly overrated!
Steven Adams will be nba ready once he gets comfortable in pittsburgh. Noel went into a good program and was effective with his role. But the nba is a whole different kind of ocean.

Reply #411833 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Wondering Coach, m, AK-47: all on the money.

Reply #411876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754