Wondering Coach
Years ago

Andy Enfield signs with USC Trojans

Florida Gulf Coast's head coach Andy Enfield, has signed a 6 year multi million dollar deal with USC, addording to ESPN.

Thoughts on the signing?

Topic #31309 | Report this topic

Years ago

what FGCU did this year was legendary

Reply #412007 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I respect his decision.

The losers in this situation are the players, mainly because of the stupid NCAA rules.

"Under NCAA rules, a player who transfers from one Division I program to another must redshirt a season, meaning he cannot play for a year after switching schools."

This is especially sad for the likes of Comer (The nice PG) and Bernard Thompson (who lit it up at the tourny) who have lost the coach that they originally signed on to play for.

Now, if they want to transfer they have to sit out a year? Or is there some provision allowing them to transfer without redshirting (I know you can transfer without red-shirting if your team is banned from post-season play but what about coaching changes?)

Reply #412018 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754