Isaac
Years ago

Sanders on radio about Maher

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Topic #3134 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Too true kind of throws the "we have to wait for NBL approval before we say anything" excuse out the window.

Great to have Brett back. Hell we need a guard.

Everystyn seems to be one of those players that dominates local league but has not transfered that into NBL stats although his rpg per minute would be an interesting stat.

Reply #36001 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

When is the signature expected to be put to paper?

Would be awesome to have Mahersy back - captain courageous

Reply #36005 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I believe that the club are waiting for him to return after the finals series in Turkey. It's a 7 game series, but I'm not sure of the schedule.

Reply #36008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eversteyn would really struggle in the Sixers system - I really hope they're not seriously considering him an option. I think Blake would be better.

Reply #36013 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

The guy is 7ft! He has potential written all over him, I wouldnt say he really had an oppurtunity to show himself with the bullets last season, hell Reesy probably logged more minutes in his return to Brisbane.

Sure he wont get 28 & 28 & 10 in NBL, but he is a far better option than Blake if they are at the same price.

Reply #36030 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

He's averaging 16pts, 17 rebs & almost 4 blocks in what appears to be a pretty good league. Having said that though, height isn't everything. Simon Kent was the leading Rebounder in the ABA 2 or 3 years ago and is probably one of the tallest players going round, but would not come into consideration for a bench role. Also I don't believe that 36ers ever looked seriously at Pero V and he has actually performed reasonably (on occasions) at NBL level. Same could be said for Blake T.

Reply #36032 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Pero was looked as seriously by the sixers. They trialled him internally but gave up on him as he has not got the upstairs capacity to play within a team or to follow instructions ie an offence pattern.

Reply #36035 | Report this post

foxtrot  
Years ago

What do you mean an offence pattern. What is so hard about the sixers offence:
Shoot if you are open, rebound or get yourself open if you are not

Reply #36042 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

There is a little more to it than that but even that was too hard for Pero to understand.

Reply #36060 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Im just glad the sixers are actullay looking at signing some players .. Jason Eversteyn sounds like a good player and well worth being given a go ... any word on a replacement for NG possibly Jye Watson or has any other names been thrown around ???

Reply #36073 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sixers are not, AFAIK, looking at Eversteyn. I just posted the stats because I thought people might be interested!

Reply #36091 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:20 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754