why?
Years ago

Cameron Wood, lack of minutes

Is there any REAL reason why Cam Wood isn't playing much ABA this season. He is averaging 6.1 mins a game, the guy has been terrific over the last couple of seasons. I know Newley has stepped in etc, but the guy has got a reliable base line jumper, gets amongst it and could help Dix out big time. Farman is doing his bit - not exactly setting the world on fire but....

I am not a f/ville person, actually enjoy our club beating them.....have I missed something? like is he unavalible to train coz of work commitments, getting too old, attitude?

Any Eagl$s out there to shed some light?

Topic #3138 | Report this topic

Mo'bags  
Years ago

(Mod: Sorry, legally questionable.)

Reply #36051 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

A question close to home. Cam's a good friend from a while ago. I don't know the reason but if I was him (and I've told him this a zillion times), I'd play elsewhere. For some reason, they don't play him much. Remember - this is a guy who played NBL and college (there's some trivia for ya).

Cam - if you're out there, give us a call sometime (you should know who I am - I saw you in Millicent in the preseason after your game v Mt Gambier).

Reply #36107 | Report this post

Woody Fan  
Years ago

Agree! Totally unbelieveable his low minutes! Tuff as nails when he's swithced on too, nice 3, great hops, and always gives heaps. You don't want to be on the end of a tough foul that's for sure!

Reply #36161 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

Sorry about that Isaac, but my source is very close to the Eagles outfit (I will try again, this time a bit more politically).

Cameron Wood has been a very good player in the league, but Cameron Wood is also his worst enemy. The only person stopping Cameron Wood is himself, don't blame the coach (or his system).

Woody Fan said "Tuff as nails when he's switched on too"

I agree, but that's part of the reason why he hasn't been playing.

(Mod: That's better.)

Reply #36164 | Report this post

Dougie  
Years ago

Cam had 3 fouls in 8 minutes on the weekend....I was impressed! Deserves a stamp i think!

(Mod: Done!)

Reply #36187 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

When did he play NBL ? With who ?

thanks

Reply #36191 | Report this post

Woody#9  
Years ago

All i can say is that i have played my whole life (almost) and i can now retire, knowing that i have received the Dougie "Approved Fouling Performance" award(the gold medal award of ABL)

Id like to thank all of those who have been fouled by me, i luv ya's all.

Reply #36216 | Report this post

davo  
Years ago

just slightly off topic, wayne haydon isnt getting much minutes either... was an up and coming player a few years ago, now riding the pine. any reasons?

Reply #36231 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Played NBL for Wollongong/Illawarra Hawks.

Reply #36255 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

thanks Moses you are a cluey guy !

Reply #36276 | Report this post

Woody#9  
Years ago

Hey Moses
Just worked out who ya are... Been a lot of beers since Millicent and now:) Send me an email at my ATO address. Howz the kids!!!!!

Reply #36290 | Report this post

Oo Aa Lew Aa  
Years ago

The guy is hard as nails. Had the privilege of sharing a locker room with him. Girls would drool over his antics and choice of g -bangers. He is one flexible dude too. Mr Robinson takes no prisoners, and plays on pure adrenalin, off the court too.

Peace out...

Reply #36299 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Will do, Woody. Will probably ring - email is so 1990s.

Reply #36464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the boy still has it.. Always been his biggest admirer.. Lots of love from your hooping family back home.. Stay tuff and true to yourself. If your coach has any idea, you'll be pounding the pine come finals time.. G, D and Jnr

Reply #39136 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754