Greg
Years ago

Ingles Playing AWFUL With Barca

Since two of Barca's small forwards (including their main one) have gone down with injuries, Joe Ingles has been getting a lot of playing time recently.

So, now he is finally in that role on Barca that Aussie hoops fans wanted him to get all along. But the results basically show why Barca was not using him that much before.

I have to be honest, I have been watching the games and Ingles is playing just flat out awful. And in the Euroleague series against the big Greek club Panathinaikos, he looks completely overwhelmed by the Panathinaikos forwards.

Ingles will be on the court for 25 to 30 minutes and he does almost nothing at all. It's pretty clear that he can run up numbers and do great against weaker competition, but at the highest levels in Europe........he's basically in scrub territory.

He's almost totally useless at that level, other than for playing hard defense and trying to make hustle plays. His offense at that level is a big fat zero.

I have to say, he's the most overrated Australian player ever. I think we can move on now from a year ago where a lot of people were hoping he could be a star..........NOT happening EVER at Euroleague level. That competition when it gets in the serious stages puts his talent level into a 10th man on a team at best.

It's actually outright shocking at the level of production drop Barca has at the small forward position going from Mickeal to Ingles. It is very clear why Barca was not using Ingles much. Mickeal is a much better player than Ingles. It's not even close.

Joe Ingles is very overrated as a player. He's the worst player in that entire Barca versus Panathinaikos playoff series.

Topic #31382 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then he should come back and play in the NBL.

Reply #413449 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Wow someone finally agrees with me, I never rated him as highly as everyone else did and people use to say he could play in the NBA, what a joke!

Reply #413457 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

As an attacker he only had a limited range of moves, so he's now in there mainly for his defense.

Seems fair enough to me - they're taking advantage of his strengths.

Reply #413472 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's not used in their offensive systems, hence he isnt producing numbers. He certainly isnt playing awful, but definitely needs to go to a club where he has the ball in his hands more, that's his game.

He was inconsistent at the Olympics but showed he can match it with the best in the world, so the criticism above is way over the top.

Reply #413477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greg, You are a complete tosser. Do you know the role and rotation being asked for, I somewhat doubt it, your probably sitting in front of the TV having never achieved anything. I could be wrong of course, you could be Lebron James LMFAO. If you know that he has been getting limited time due to roster changes and he was kept as back up, and his role is completly different form attacker. He plays well and has faults we all do, not you know doubt.

He has won many games for Barca and has contributed throughtou his carrer, moe then many.

GO get a life and stop critising a talented player, this tall poppy syndrome pisses me and many others off.

Reply #413489 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Ingles is hardly the most overrated Australian player ever. You may not like him personally, but to say that is such a stretch it's just absolutely ridiculous.

Reply #413509 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Ingles is hardly the most overrated Australian player ever. You may not like him personally, but to say that is such a stretch it's just absolutely ridiculous."

X2

Reply #413512 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Would love to see how you would go against the best players in the euroleague Greg? Then we could make a thread about how bad you went and just rip into you even more? Go home Greg you're not drunk you're just plain stupid!

Reply #413530 | Report this post

Youknow ME  
Years ago

I shake my head at this... It is compoletely moronic. How about maybe he just had a crap series and thats all there is to it? He was one of the best for Australia at the olympics and didnt look at all outclassed against ANY of the teams he played against, dream team included. Now you wanna say in Europe hes completely out of his league? thats woft if I have ever read it.

Maybe he doesnt fit in well on the team, maybe the particular team he plays againts match up on him really well? so many variables... He is a VERY GOOD player but he is not above having a crap series here or there.

One word for clowsn like this HATERS...

Reply #413531 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

Greg - What a stupid & moronic thread to start. Ingles is playing in the best competition outside of the NBA, which is a credit to him for playing well enough to be picked up by a team in the Euroleague & you want to diss that! Keep your idiotic & senseless opinions to yourself Greg. It's a sad reflection on society when tosser's like you Greg have to pick yourself up by tearing someone else down!

Reply #413540 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

actually he's hardly making the most of the opportunity he's been given. instead of being aggressive, he just waits in the wings, and doesn't really do anything else. even when he's passed the ball, he looks to offload rather than be aggressive and look to create his own shot or penetrate and pass or anything. he doesn't run the lanes. its actually hard to see what he does on offense. on D he is of some use. but given that his minutes have increased because of the injury to Pete Mickeal who is a great scorer you would expect him to be even a little aggressive, looking to penetrate and pull up and jump shot etc. every other player on the team seems willing to. At least Jawai looks like he's earning his money out there.

Reply #413547 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

Excuses here. I'm watching the games. He does absolutely NOTHING. Blaming it on the coach or the system is a nonsense made up excuse.

He can't even grab a rebound.

Reply #413563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gred Tosser, above shows the feeling and delusional comments you make>

Reply #413822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, so theres a guy out there called Greg who think Ingles isint playing well..... so what.

Let him make his critisim and get over it.

Reply #414020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The point of all this is Ingles is a player who has done everything to get were he is. This tall poppy syndrome from poeple is dispicable. They have limited knowledge and understanding of the facts and make up what they wish. If players took this to heart they could sue.

Sad to be in adelaide with so many bogans wanting to critize one of there own.

Shame, Shame, Shame as a well known presenter would say.

Grow up and applaud a young player who is at the top of his game in Australia.

Reply #414065 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

Wake up Greg. You obviously know nothing about the game and never competed at any decent level. He is playing a role he is a defensive stopper. Offensively he has to run his lane hard and hit the open shot, which he is doing well. God these forum annoys me with armchair critics who have nothing better to do than cut people down. Wake up to yourself.

Reply #414688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754