Lance_Uppercut
Years ago

2013 Mock Draft

Yeah I'm aware that this is only bleacher report but it mentions Delly in the first round at No. 28 to the Spurs....that would be awesome.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1601997-2013-nba-mock-draft-filling-every-teams-biggest-draft-day-need

Topic #31399 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Most Mock Drafts I have seen also have Steve Adams going first round between 19-25

Reply #413824 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

I think Delly may get drafted, but probably mid to late 2nd round by a team like Spurs or Thunder.

A team that doesn't need help straight away and looks for smart steady players that will play to a role assigned to them.

Reply #413835 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

I think Delly will find his way onto an NBA roster. If not drafted there are other ways to get on one. He has built a bit of a reputation in the States. I'm sure many of the right people are aware of what he can do. To be honest there are worse guards getting minutes in the NBA.

I think at a minimum he has all the tools to be successful bench/role player because he has shown he can play in a system, has a reputation for hard work and leadership and he is an underrated defender.

Reply #413839 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I feel like he's gonna have to kill it at any pre-draft workouts and scouting camps for him to get a look in. For example, most mock drafts have Seth Curry from Duke at the back end of the second round (pick 55-60). Curry is a huge name and whilst he was inconsistent, he was the first scoring option of an elite basketball program and is getting no love.

I'd love to see him get drafted but I wonder what would be better for him. Get drafted late second round, do a training camp with an NBA team and then probably be cut from the final roster where the obvious next step is to then go and playu in Europe.

Or

Go undrafted so his drafts rights aren't owned by any team. He most likely gets a training camp invite from somewhere, gets cut from final roster, goes to Europe to play and then has the right to sign with any NBA team.

The ability to sign with any NBA team I think is crucial. Rather than be under the distant recruiting eye of one team, all 30 NBA teams could potentially be interested in him and would not have to negotiate any trade or give up anything to get him. This way I think he still gets the training camp invite and opportunity to make a final roster, but in the likelihood he misses out, would going undrafted be a better option?

Reply #413851 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Hummm, who was it that said the NBA draft was a lottery?

Of course he is good enough, it is all about opportunity and perception, look at Jeremy LIN!!!

Reply #413877 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Well for once a kiwi will go hire then an ozzy player in the draft. NZ will have its first top 20 pick

Reply #413917 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I would prefer that Delly not get drafted unless he goes first round. I don;t want anyone holding his rights and then stashing him away...I want him to have his options open for the right team in the right scenario.

Reply #413921 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

My thoughts are similar LC and I feel the only team likely to draft him in the first round is the Spurs because of the Brett Brown connection. Unfortunately, the Spurs are loaded at point guard, so very, very unlikely.

Reply #414002 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/6838/20130415/trey-burke-point-guards-nba-draft-michigan.htm

Reply #414292 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:47 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754