Isaac
Years ago

Australia beats Angola 70-64

Top scorer was Bruton who scored 14 points while Nielsen made 12.

Andersen contributed 11 while Bogut poured in 10.

"Most of the damage was done in the second quarter when the Boomers posted 21 points and the Africans managed only six."

However, this does seem to imply that Australia was outscored by Angola 58-49 over the other three quarters. I don't know how well Angola is expected to play in Athens, but I would've thought that the Boomers might've been hoping for a more convincing win?

Topic #314 | Report this topic

Regal Scooter  
Years ago

Never mind that: how about the US copping its worst loss since professional players were allowed, to - all of teams - Italy, 95-78.

You can read just how crap they were, and see how bad Tim Duncan looks with a shaved head, here.

Reply #2415 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

For those older contributors, I recall Australia losing to Angola in 1986 or so, back when Adrian Hurley was the coach, and we finished 13th at the Worlds (correct me if I'm wrong - the memory is fading with time!).

Hurley was labelled a national disgrace, as was the team. So we go out and beat the Angolans by 6. Be afraid - very afraid.

On the positive side, I like our uniforms. Very snazzy, the Southern Cross looks good, and no large "CALTEX" sign across the chest. Does anyone remember those uniforms from a recent World Championships. I still can't sleep at night 'cause of that!

Reply #2586 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754