Anonymous
Years ago

ADELAIDE FELLAS!!!

what an absolute embarrassment not only for the Adelaide Quit Lightning girls but also people who follow and love the girls, to have their heart and soul sold to Fellas gifts. How the Lightning name, after 14 years, be changed to the Adelaide Fellas. The people who had anything to do with this decision should be ashamed of themselves because it, to me, and also the public, is nothing short of pure selfishness. How would the 36er's feel being called the Adelaide Chicks? I'll leave it up to you to decide..
It was obvious there were nothing but dollar signs in their eyes, when this decision was made.

Topic #3141 | Report this topic

south champ  
Years ago

WHAT!! THEY CHANGED THEM 2 'ADELAIDE FELLAS' ???? OH MY GOSH! THATS SHOCKING!

Reply #36078 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

yeah, thats bad.

Reply #36080 | Report this post

south champ  
Years ago

omg.. thats so crap.. i cant get over it now.. "adelaide fellas" um HELLO! they are GIRLS! i would prefer "adelaide Chicks" wot the hell...thats soo stupid.!

Reply #36081 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

What about "Whiskas"? Been done.

Reply #36084 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

We have already had April fools, haven't we?

Reply #36088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they asked the players if they minded, but which player is going to vote against the change when they feel guilt at their team costing the assoc. money already??

Reply #36092 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doddo, I had wondered in the past if David Cooper should change to David Coopers while in Adelaide...

Reply #36093 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Whilst the name is quite unfortunate (and I am hoping that maybe a rethink will occur before the season happens), at the end of the day, any WNBL club cannot afford to refuse any sponsor willing to lay down some cold hard $$.

I beleive Quit have maintained some form of sponsorship, but elected not to renew their naming rights.

I am surprised the decision to change for Lightning was made, after the team has become a farly well known, and successful sporting brand name, and "The Lighthouse" also starting to catch on as a venue name.

Reply #36094 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

The name simply is a joke .... it may be Money but at what cost... Is anyone going to respects womens basketball in this state while they are call the Adelaide Fellas ... The whole thing is a joke if they go on with this name it may be a quick injection of money but in the long run it will hurt the team having such a stupid name

Reply #36095 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

this was posted several days ago.

it is an advertiser's dream - as look - it has us talking already

but it is a bizzare name - every femmo in sight will flock to the games!

wayville will now be called

"the blokes' shed"

Reply #36100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cherie smith have anything to do with this, as i beleive she works at Fellas Gifts in Marion.

Reply #36104 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Besides Boti, I haven't heard anyone say that this is serious or not. Has anyone got any inside info as to whether the Lightning name is dead or not?

Reply #36105 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anonymous, yes, the owner's wife is Cherie's aunt (according to the Indepedent Weekly).

Moses, see the news on adelaidelightning.com. I don't believe the Boti has reported on this yet, BTW.

Reply #36108 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

thats terrible

Reply #36120 | Report this post

know the ropes  
Years ago

do not fight it - relax enjoy the ride - they are good enough to put some cash into our girls

it is just perfect for captain obvious - or something just as silly - on MMM

they will get their moneys worth in advertising for sure

with a name like that lauren jackson will sign up for sure

Reply #36123 | Report this post

how can i become a ticket holder?

Reply #36129 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Surely they could come up with something better than "Adelaide Fellas"? It's kind of insulting to chicks...

Reply #36149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on Fellas...come on

Reply #36152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if the uniform could be that of like the bbq aprons you can get at Fellas? The one with the tits on the front!

FELLAS is just stupid!!!

What happened to the heritage of the SA teams???

36ers: 1836 - Proclamation of SA
Lightning: Named after Col Light

FELLAS is just stupid!!!

Reply #36154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sheilasssssssssss not Fellasssssssssssssss hehehehe

Reply #36160 | Report this post

Detective Goran  
Years ago

Why can't it be the "Fellas" Adelaide Lightning?

Reply #36171 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Thanks for the link Isaac. I still refuse to believe it - surely they wouldn't be so silly as to sell their souls for cash.

The photo links are great too - the China tour looks like a blast.

Hate the shorts though. Bring back the bodysuits.

Reply #36254 | Report this post

go sun  
Years ago

detective goran is on the money for me

fellas adelaide lightning for me as well

Reply #36289 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754