Years ago

School Basketball

Im just wondering if its possible to have a 'A' grade team if its the only team nominated in that age group?

Topic #3142 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

yes that is an interesting point - the rule of how many teams your school nominates means how high you go is wrong.

probably for 60% of the games it is not too bad - but sometimes a smaller school has a good group and because they are their only team they would end up in C2 grade - so technically you would have to have 3-4 teams to play sat morning a grade school ball.

like district it should be promotion / relegation - based on last season, nominations etc

Reply #36121 | Report this post

Years ago

I will leave my school nameless but we have 5 16.1 players and r playing open 'c's (We are in year 10)we win games 120 to 10. This is pointless its bad for the teams we play against and we get nothing out of it. This is a 'silly' rule and should be changed!

Reply #36122 | Report this post

jj  
Years ago

have you tried taking the matter up with whoever can alter the system i.e - school ball organisers

Reply #36124 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

exactly - on outside scrubber courts as well

who knows who set the rules up - taht is why you can not really take school ball seriously here on sat mornings - go in justin's BASA basketball festival or SASSA knock out for serious ball.

my experiences show that the people who set these competitions up for saturday morning school ball are not mega knowledgable on the basketball scene

sounds like a good team - GO TO NATIONALS in ALBURY in December - that is a top level , national comp - full on

Reply #36126 | Report this post

Years ago

Ive tried talkin 2 out PE coordinator. I quote my teacher 'Wouldnt you rather win?'. Yes ok winning is fun but gets bad after a whole season of it.

Reply #36127 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

all i can say is that is why saturday morning 'ball is often nothing more than a shoot around.

just do not get injured scrappin'

Reply #36131 | Report this post

Years ago

well thats a bit hard when you have an out door court :P

Reply #36135 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

nothing like a good fall on the bitumen

Reply #36137 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

I would say that now the Open K/O games are played Saturday mornings throughout the season it has become a bit more than a casual shoot around

Reply #36283 | Report this post

jo jo jim jim  
Years ago

golden grove high all the way baby

Reply #38933 | Report this post

its pat  
Years ago

yea golden grove are a good team

Reply #43867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reppin golden grove

Reply #44736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KO girls grand final -

cabra and immanuel...

again!

Reply #46731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think immanuel will have a better crack this year bew recruits! but cabra are still pretty good

Reply #46901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cabra beat immanuel by 10 points in a game held at cabra a few wks ago. cabra are going to win!

Reply #47767 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:42 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754