OVER-RATED

Topic #31434 | Report this topic

Pikachu  
Years ago

The Spurs will take them in 5 games

Reply #414401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Care to expand on that statement, Inlges?

Reply #414402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Know it all ingles hey. What about your wonder boy Harden. Clutch today hey.

Remember you said lakers wouldn't make playoffs, wouldn't finish higher than rockets. Wow you're continually wrong. Someone who posts a lot, you really know jack.

Harden ave 25.9 @ 44.0% with 4.8 re and 5.9 ass

Kobe ave 27.3 @ 46.3% with 5.6 re and 6.0 as

So Kobe was more efficient from the field with more rebounding and assists. Kobe also prob had more double and triple teams to contend with.

Reply #414403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmm they also just beat Grizzlies and Warriors with Kobe. What's your point?

Reply #414407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ouch those words hurting much, chomp em down :p

Reply #414408 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ha ha ha ha oh Ingles...how are those predictions going mate? lol

For a shit team with an over rated player, they seemed to finish ABOVE the Rockets, and Kobe played BETTER than Harden. Harden, your CLUTCH boy CHOKED!
Do you actually follow basketball at all, or just read articles on websites?

Reply #414417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think his best mates are Chris Broussard and Skip Bayless. Enough said!

Reply #414418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

During Shaq's 8 years with the Lakers the team actually had a better record when Kobe didn't play versus when he did lol

Reply #414422 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

somebody please link me to where I stated the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs and they would finish below the rockets. Please.

Lol @ bringing up individual stats instead of advanced stats. Rookie confirmed.

If you're going to troll this thread and turn it into a Kobe vs Harden debate, you will lose every time

Using FG% is nice, but why not TS% ? Is it because Harden has a higher TS% than Kobe? .602 > .570. Lol at saying Kobe is more efficient but not bringing up their TS%. Harden also has a much higher PER, despite having a lot less talent around him.

And don't compare the LACK of help Harden has on the rockets compared to Kobe. Gasol, Dwight, Nash are all better than ANYBODY on the rockets roster.

Without Harden, the rockets would be a 20-25 win team and that is not debatable.

The Lakers were 4-1 without Kobe this season. There is no need to be upset that Kobe Bryant has been exposed this year as very very neutral when it comes to winning games. The Lakers are a MUCH better team when the offense runs through Pau and Howard, creating open 3 point shooters everywhere. And yes, I've watched every single dribble of the last 3 lakers games.

4-1 without kobe, and that doesn't even include the game against GS where the lakers were down when he got injured, BUT won in the CLUTCH despite not having God Kobe to win them the game.

4-1 without kobe
1-0 in spite of kobe
40-36 WITH kobe

Reply #414423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The lakers got to the playoffs without Nash for most off the season, no bench, lost hill, change of coaches and systems, Gasol out for periods and a Howard who has only just played committed ball. Yet still made it.

Also harden has it easier in a way as he gets a more spread floor and one on ones. He also gets a lots of bs calls too.

Not turning into Kobe v harden just know you're a douche Kobe hater. Don't tell me you didn't post this as a Kobe hate. So my point is you love a SG who's numbers arent better and hasn't won a ring.

Reply #414424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes you're right the offense does run better without Kobe. I can only dream, like in last two games without Kobe, that this better offense continues to shoot 36% from the floor. Hmmm how many playoff series are won shooting 36%? I wouldn't think many, but ingles would take it.

Reply #414429 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

1. Numbers ARE better. You're just looking at pointless stats like PPG and the like. Check their clutch stats, their TS%, win shares and advanced stats. There's a reason advanced metrics are taking over in the NBA.

2. No rings in 3 years, really his fault. How many did Kobe have after 3 years? oh that's right. 0.

3. Harden might have a more spread floor, but he has NOWHERE near the interior presence of Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol (both top 20 players in the league). I'd take Dwight and Pau over any single rockets player if I was trying to WIN

4. Don't bring up the coaching changes, injuries etc. A few teams sacked their coaches or they had to leave for family reasons. And injuries are a part of every team. The Pacers lost their (previously) best player for basically the entire season and finished #3. The knicks had a multitude of injuries to nearly all of their players and they stayed #2.

Reply #414431 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ha ha owned by an anon.. I like!

So my point is you love a SG who's numbers arent better and hasn't won a ring.

Reply #414433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why the hate for Harden? The bloke has been amazing this season.

Reply #414439 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

The rockets were 43-35 when Harden played this season. In the 4 games he missed, they went 2-2.

Lakers: 4-1 without Kobe
Rockets: 2-2 without Harden

and find me an advanced stat that Kobe leads Harden in
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2013_leaders.html

This didn't have to turn into a Harden v Kobe debate, but once again, I've had to educate the Kobetards on here that Kobe is flat out overrated.

Reply #414442 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

No more rings for kobe
Dwights a money hungry punk
The kids on the come up are getting better every year
Expect to see more chinese players in the next 10-20 years

Reply #414450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's amusing that you're trying to say that Kobe is overrated whilst using numbers from his 17th season in the NBA. 17 seasons in the league, most players don't even reach 7. Then you're using those numbers and comparing them to someone (Harden) who is just entering his prime. Unbelievable...

Reply #414460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harden is 23, he won't hit his prime for 3-4 seasons but Kobe is by no means over rated, he is top 5 all time and to still be in MVP discussions after nearly 20 years in the league really says it all.

Reply #414465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles13 = troll.

Reply #414467 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

I think sometimes teams like the lakers play above their potential when kobe is not playing, (inspirational basketball) however if Kobe was to miss 20-30 games in a row i would think that they would be lucky to be a .500 team. Just my opinion but I reckon that this will stand out against the spurs and if the spurs sweep they will be 4-5 without Kobe.

Reply #414473 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

just listen to any opposition coach upon game preparation with and without Kobe. I guarantee they'd rather #24 is not playing

Reply #414476 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Wait, I'm not arguing Kobe all time vs Harden. I'm stating that the lakers are better this season Kobe misses games. 4-1. Numbers don't lie. It's the sensitive trolls in here that turned it into a Kobe v harden debate

Reply #414479 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

What were the lakers odd vs the spurs/OKC in the playoffs before the kobe injury?
I would have given them a 4-2 loss to SA (they're banged up ATM)and a 4-1 loss to OKC with that single win being a refball game (just like game 3 vs okc last year).

I now give them a LEGIT shot vs the spurs to advance. Infact, If their odds for the series are $2.40+ I'm probably gonna chuck my entire betting account on them to win

Reply #414482 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

You're all Kobetards anyway

Sick of educating you.

Reply #414492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could be worse, we might all be Doyletards.

Reply #414496 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure that a sample size of 5 games out of an 82 game NBA season is not enough to measure anyone's impact.

Reply #414504 | Report this post

Robert Pack  
Years ago

plus these last few games are all or nothing for LA. ofcourse they are going to compete.

Ingles is just a massive troll with no idea how the game of basketball works and cant play if his life depended on it!

Lakers will beat the Spurs in 6

Reply #414547 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Its funny that Ingles13 claims some superior knowledge of advanced stats but then tries to display a trend after just 6% of the games.

Reply #414548 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

according to your TS% Julyan Stone is best player in NBA (by far)....WOW

Reply #414557 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

@ingle13

Maybe Kobe is overated these days.. His season stats lower than Harden. Oh dear. You do mean season stats right? Not playoff stats. Or the stats you can't measure in a championship playoff game when it comes to THAT MOMENT, when a player has to pickup and carry a game when it most matters. When commodities such as desire, persistence, hunger, determination, will, shall I go on, etc. can be measured then stats might mean something. Maybe we can ask MJ or Kobe how we could measure those.

The answer will probably lie on their fingers (yes plural)

Reply #414560 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

4-1 without Kobe. Numbers do not lie

Reply #414598 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The numbers don't lie, but how you choose to interpret them is a different matter altogether.

Reply #414609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles remember when you educated me about Curry? I said he was an all star to which you responded he's not the best player on the warriors roster. Hmmm would you like to educate me some more about that comment???

Reply #414617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard it was Ingles13 that Kobe butt raped in Colorado, that's why he is so mad.

Reply #414618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if Harden is soooo much better than Kobe, he should be able to take the Thunder to 7 games. Remember Kobe and the lakers did it against the suns. Kobe had Parker, brown, Walton, grant and bunch of other scrubs on his team. Harden has a way better group so they should take out the series.

Reply #414620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh and also the lakers are paying $6.60 for the series against the spurs. You think they'd be that much if Kobe was playing?

Reply #414621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you mention pointless stats like PPG inlges. You do realise that the team that scores the most, wins? So points in a game isnt pointless.

I don't need your advanced stats to tell me whose better. Didn't have those stats when magic, bird, Thomas, Shaq, Olajuwon were around, just knew they were good.

I have a feeling that the greatest laker of all time will be known and remembered more than Harden. I'm not a harden hater, just a douche hater (insert ingles here)

Reply #414622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SG job is to shoot so Kobe averages more points. Also isn't it better to shoot these points at a higher percentage? Kobe does that better. Oh he also grabs more boards and dishes more assists than harden. Hmmm interesting.

Reply #414623 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Why are anons bringing up what Kobe did 6 it 7 YEARS ago? This is about the lakers being a much better TEAM this season WITHOUT Kobe. Trolls gonna troll like usual

Reply #414640 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Trolls gonna troll like usual

yes you do....

Reply #414645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't feed Ingles13 the troll.

He's just another Forestville Doylie hommer.

Reply #414664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bringing up lakers v suns cause Kobe single handedly got the lakers and nearly upset the number one suns. Hardens in a better position now so he should at least do the same, shouldn't he?

I also see you avoided the curry question I asked.

Reply #414667 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

4-1

Reply #414693 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Ring count: 5-0 end of story

Reply #414694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha 5 games is a true indication moron. Ingles you're such a douche.

Harden won't have the same accolades as Kobe by the end of his career

Reply #414696 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Once again, kobetards turning this into a Harden v Kobe debate, when this topic is about Kobe's NEGATIVE impact on his team this season. Troll's gonna troll. Has Harden ever played with HOF big men like shaq, Gasol, Bynum or Dwight? Simple answer. No.

I feel guilty falling into the troll bait you kobetards are throwing because you can't accept that Kobe is OVER RATED.

Reply #414700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many championships did those bigs win before Kobe?

Reply #414714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was the last superstar who won it alone ingles?

Magic had Kareem
Bird had a stacked team
Jordan had pippen and rodman
Duncan had Robinson then Parker
Shaq had Kobe
04 pistons had a stacked team with a veteran coach
Shaq had wade
Dirk had a stacked team filling every position
Lebron couldn't do it till wade and bosh

Ingles13 you are such a sour individual who gets on public forums to cry about men who have done more with their life taking a shit in the bathroom than you could EVER accomplish.

Give it up dick, of course LA are going to step up their season hopes are on the line.

Without Kobe this year LA would win 35 games and miss the playoffs

Your a piece of shit

Reply #414764 | Report this post

Robert Pack  
Years ago

Hey Ingles, how did your Butt Boy Harden go today??

Thats right 6/19 with 2 assists, 20 points.

OVER RATED

Reply #414929 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

I hope we see this series go to seven this thread could really seesaw!

Reply #414934 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754