Isaac
Years ago

Tigers retain Goulding, Greer and Odigie

Goulding was an easy one - had a decent year IMO. Greer I always think is quite underrated; maintains a veteran presence without (I imagine) costing a lot.

Odigie was a development player, now elevated to the main roster.

Lewis will not be re-signed.

Topic #31444 | Report this topic

Pikachu  
Years ago

Why not resign lewis? Arghhhhhhhh

Reply #414596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because he is a black hole and shoots on every touch. He kills their offence.

Reply #414597 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Cause Lewis doesn't play D...never passes and refuses to work on his weakness...thinks its all about him scoring/shooting!

Reply #414600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel sorry for the team that picks him up! If anyone picks him up!

Reply #414604 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Couple of Perth fans on Twitter don't seem disinterested in him...

Reply #414607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As long as the 36ers dont sign Lewis it's all good.

Reply #414616 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

So Goulding plays defence?

Reply #414625 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Lewis is a gift , ya gotta have guys that aren't afraid to shoot. He was on fire that last game
The way to break a player like lewis, is by giving him a billion shots to shoot , eventually he will get tired then sit his ass on the bench for the rest of the game.
Start of by making him play point, and don't give him any help getting the ball up, no screens. No help defence. Constantly give him the ball on offence , when he's buggered . Job well done

Reply #414626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bennie Lewis and Ben Allen could be good pickups for Adelaide :)

Reply #414628 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Goulding definitely improved his application to defence this season, still work to be done but he's made some good progress.

Three good signings for the Tigers, they seem to be heading in the right direction. Great to see Odigie on the main roster, Anstey said at the final press conference of the season Owen's work ethic left him with little other choice but to sign him.

Reply #414639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt see Odigie's name mentioned in the press release.

Reply #414653 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Didnt see Odigie's name mentioned in the press release.

Anstey has answered tweets saying that Odigie has been promoted to the main roster, that's the only place I've seen it mentioned...

Reply #414677 | Report this post

Norton  
Years ago

Congratulations, to Owen all the way from Townsville. Good job mate.

Reply #414703 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I know it sounds ridiculous but I'd like to see Bennie Lewis join the wildcats, as he has more athleticism than the rest of the Wildcats squad (minus Damien Martin) put together and it wouldn't be a silly idea to have a more dunks if your going to keep bringing people back to our $1/2b stadium, but sadly it won't happen as we have Bartlett signed and let's face it Bartlett is Lewis without the hops.

Well done to Melbourne on retaining the players they have. Hopefully they love playing for Anstey and the Wildcats/Tigers rivalry can get back to its glory days

Reply #414718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Proud, I'm pretty sure Ev Bartlett has hops....if I'm not mistaken he did win the NBL dunk comp a few years back?

Reply #414720 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

my apologies "anon" if Bartlett does have hops.

All I recognise is that the Perth Wildcats are called boring and unless we can get some excitement back into our play then we will start to lose our crowds if we lose games and Bartlett showing his athleticism is something I did not see from memory at all this year... I remember him leading a fast break and he bounced the ball out of bounds.

Bennie Lewis around the likes of Damien Martin and even Wagstaff would show how honest Lewis needs to grow on defence just to get minutes and for that reason I would be excited to see him develop in Perth

Reply #414794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is that Wortho is currently moving stuff down from Cairns (storage)to his house in Melbourne.
Doesn't sound like someone planning on going overseas again. Another Tiger signing?

Reply #415374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been rumoured since about half way through the season that Wortho would be playing under his buddy Anstey at the Tigers next season.

Reply #415390 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754