Isaac
Years ago

David Lee out of the play-offs with hip injury

Golden State's David Lee is out for the rest of the play-offs with a right hip flexor injury sustained in Game 1's loss against Denver. He's been a key player for the Warriors and his absence might put a bit more pressure on Andrew Bogut.

Bogut was played sparingly in the lead up to the play-offs before a great night in Game 1. Hopefully he can step up and shoulder some scoring load after largely being used to rebound and defend this season.

Can the Warriors win now? Did you rate their chances before?

Topic #31462 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Landry is a capable replacement, IMO. The fact that he is undersized shouldn't matter given the Nuggets run lots of small ball. Has played starters minutes before so there is no reason why he can't step up.

Reply #414870 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Agreed, Mick. Landry is a very capable replacement. GSW's rebounding may suffer though, and I'm not sure they are likely to out-small-ball Denver with Faried coming back into the lineup.

How Bogut responds will be very interesting, however, I half expect another injury is imminent...

Reply #414879 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

I'm hoping Bogut has a few big games coming up.

Reply #414892 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Damn that's a huge blow for them. Chances looking slimmer by the injuries

Reply #414901 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Landry is a better defender, let's not forget that. I think he will replace Lee fine, or at least close to it. The question is who is going to replace LANDRY.

One of the young bigs needs to step up.

Don't forget that Faried is still pretty hurt. GSW are by no means out of it. GSW win that game if Andre Miller doesn't own the fourth quarter.

Reply #414903 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754