The truth
Years ago

7ft 9 giant .... In the NBA

Sun Mingming is reported to be as tall as 7ft 9 almost 4 inchs taller then Yao Ming ... Dose anyone have any information on if he can play or is simply just a giant .... he has rumour to be entering the draft ... any one that tall surely has potential wirtten all over them ...

Topic #3147 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

7'8 3/4". Changed your title/post from 7'10" to 7'9".

Reply #36202 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Issac could possibly gives us a link to find more out about Sun Mingming ???

Reply #36203 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He changed his name from "Sum Ting Wong". That's what the doctor said when he was born 3ft 8". His family lived next to a nuclear power plant...

Reply #36206 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #36208 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

found a good site shows some crazy pics http://www.news-record.com/sports/local/bkbtraining_041305.htm

Reply #36211 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Yeah thats a great pic .. Look at how small the Sprite can is in his hand !!

Lets just hope he is better than Manute Bol was .. certainly looks a lot sturdier !!

(sorry Manute - i know you will probably get that dung beetle sudanese militia on to me now.. might have to change my name back to Alcindor !! )

Reply #36218 | Report this post

Chopper  
Years ago

Skyhook, Manute Bol had some serious shot blocking stats.
Your namesake "Lew Alcindor/Kareem" had great respect for his presence in the key (ref: his biographical)

Reply #36232 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Chopper ...

3.3 blk / game ? or something like that ..
At 7'6 you would wanna have an impressive record in that dept. I think maybe Kareem was being 'kind' to Manute .. who clearly could not play offense and D was suspect at times.
Sun Ming .. well he is still a 'nobody' (no NBA exp.) and cant claim to be as good as Manute YET .. we'll see ..

Reply #36240 | Report this post

wish I could dunk  
Years ago

wow I bet summingming can dunk

Reply #36368 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Manute had game. He had a long career and saw court time with some decent teams.

Few people know that he had range from 3. He used to shoot it if the opposing C stepped off him.

Also, he put it through his legs for no reason in NBA Jam Session.

Manute Bol and Bill Walton rule...

Reply #36369 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

The first time Manute Bol tried to dunk he chipped his front teeth on the ring!!! so by the looks of it sun ming ming may wanna borrow rips hamilton's mask to stop any broken noses

Reply #36390 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

That's a nice story m dizzle but assuming his teeth were 6-7 inches from the top of his head that means they were sitting at about 7 foot, meaning he needed a 3 foot vertical for his teeth to make contact with the iron. He had many things but a 3 foot vertical was not one of them.

Reply #36443 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

true story man

Reply #36469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He may be tall, is he skillfull ??

:0)

Reply #36474 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I know it sounds like a good story, but think about it m dizzle, his teeth would be sitting about 7 foot so to get them ring height they would need to elevate 3 feet, no? There was a thread a little while back talking about who has the biggest hops in SA

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/1712/

and people were quoting 90+cm vertical as being phenomenal, there's no way a gangly giant has a 90+ vertical.

The only thing is if he was dunking a low ring, otherwise I'm afraid fastasy has got the better of reality.

Reply #36479 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

I did some research and it turns out he got his tooth caught in the net and chipped it that way. It wasnt fantasy it was just were i initally read it didnt state how he did it just that he chipped his tooth on the basket.

Reply #36519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this basketball player good or is he just tall so he can get the rebounds? What team is he playing for?

Reply #36796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.savesunmingming.com/images/sunmingming.dunk.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_ming_ming

Reply #63404 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

ssssssssshhhhhhhh boy gorj. is looking for a new import!

Reply #63405 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

This guy is very large and looks to have alot of potential and also has some similarities to KG aka kevin garnett who is argueably one of the best players in the NBA as we speak........Sun can pass as well as put the ball on the floor i bet........Sun looks like he might need to work more on getting in shape but when all of that is done he is looking pretty good for this coming up draft.........Brandon Roy is the best rookie in the NBA now by a longshot i think!

Reply #128027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #133807 | Report this post

brownie  
Years ago

sun ming ming should bulk up, do those suicide runs and improve balance. He should do yoga or somethin

Reply #144603 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:42 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754