Isaac
Years ago

Lemanis to be named Boomers coach

That's the tip from And The Foul on Twitter and another thread on here (which can serve as the thread for Breakers coaching speculation).

Wonder if we'll see many changes in the strategy and selections?

Topic #31472 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

hes a great coach and has proved it. I look forward to seeing what team he selects for the NZ series in August

Reply #415016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that's a good pick a hat trick of titles will do that. Wouldn't matter if he stayed at breakers brown coached us while based in America

Reply #415033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a great coach when he's got a stacked roster is about all you can say. It will be interesting to see how he goes without that advantage.

Reply #415065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This report is looking to be more fact than rumour.

Reply #415068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will have to re locate and be based in Canberra, one of the pre requisites of the job apparently.

Reply #415069 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

He'll have the big decision of when to start replacing members of the current group with the exciting talent coing out of the US colleges.

I think we all agree that we'll have a really exciting Boomers team in four years time, but how should he manage the transition?

Whether to bring in guys like Motum, Drmic, Broekhoff, Hadziomerovic and Greenwood straight away, or to make them earn their stripes for a couple of years, that's a tough one to answer.

Reply #415075 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"He's a great coach when he's got a stacked roster is about all you can say. It will be interesting to see how he goes without that advantage."

compared to guys who can't win with stacked rosters like Bevo and Marty Clark.
Lemanis also built that stacked roster, 3 starters are former Development Players and Corey Webster on the bench.

He won't win a title without Penney, he did.
They'll be stuffed without Wilkinsons outside shooting, oh wait, 3 peat.

Isn't it the job of the National Coach to pick a stacked roster?

Reply #415077 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Good calls Mystro. To lose players the quality of Penney and Wilkinson the past two seasons and still win the championship (and not just win, but clearly be the BEST team the entire two seasons) speaks volumes about Lemanis' ability. I welcome his appointment.

Reply #415080 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"compared to guys who can't win with stacked rosters like Bevo"

o.0

Reply #415088 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Yeah he seemed to do a good job silencing his critics with his third championship in as many years. Hopefully the boomers manage a good balance between offense and defence. More importantly if they select a spot up shooter hopefully its someone who can shoot cold off the bench and that they are actually used, unlike gorj and brown.

Agree with hoopie, will be interesting to see the college guys integrated and then exum and Simmons etc

Reply #415093 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

"More importantly if they select a spot up shooter hopefully its someone who can shoot cold off the bench and that they are actually used"

I hope Greenwood can fill that position. Saw him blitz in the SEABL a couple of years ago doing pretty much that.

I would have liked Bevo to get the job, but here's hoping he'd do it in 8 years time.

Reply #415114 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

Gotta say I was a little taken aback when I was scrolling down the Herald Sun site to discover it was the lead story in the sport section

Reply #415169 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw , same on Adelaide now .

Me I expected it to happen - currently assistant Boomers coach and 3 NBL championships.

Clarke assistant Boomers coach but we don't expect many wins.

May be on TV news now .

Reply #415183 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754