Flood
Years ago

Hillcrest flooded- state champs in doubt?

This news Hillcrest flooded again tonight how will this impact state champs? It was only 4 years ago when it last flooded!

Topic #31473 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morphett Vales leaking a little as well, shame to see all that money spent on the floors only to have water damage occur... #WTF@BSA

Reply #415017 | Report this post

Years ago

far out those floors at morphett vale are great - pity if they are damaged

Reply #415030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even starplex is leaky now. Surely when u spend so much on buildings its not that hard to ensure the roof ismt leaky????

Reply #415037 | Report this post

Relative No-one  
Years ago

I'm sure the Gardens Rec Centre in Parafield could be useable.

Reply #415040 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

If they all leak, so will Wayville on all three courts

WTF

Reply #415049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget about the floors at Morphett Vale......try and get some decent lighting! The dark spots on the main court are ridiculous. Simply needs another row of lights. Typical BSA to do something half arsed.

Reply #415071 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Does that mean games at hillcrest will be cancelled tonight?

Reply #415078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hillcrest wasnt flooded. Courts felt like the oil was coming through the timber. just because of the rain and moisture, no flooding.

Reply #415113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it safe to play on then. I think they have a home ABA game this week

Reply #415116 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

Might be a heavy downpour whilst state champs are on ,be interesting to see which stadiums does cause cancellations.

Reply #415124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last winter they cancelled a couple games at Port Adelaide as well due to moisture coming through the floor. BSA won't do squat but I know if a kid in my club gets injured due to water on the court I'll be backing them to sue.. known issue fix it.

Reply #415142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hillcrest was not safe to play on as games were cancelled due to players slipping over (in situations where they normally wouldnt)

Oil was coming out of the floor and was quite evident on the ball / shoes etc.

Reply #415205 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I just played at Hillcrest?

Reply #415210 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Morphett Vale is so dark because CRT 2 had 3 Lights out the other night and I think another on CRT 4 so the Scorers for the ABA Game looked like they needed miners hats.

Really how hard is it to get lights fixed when you have that many out.

Reply #415638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree TC 2 courts with average lighting BSA lift your game the central court doesn't even have ABA level backboards.

Reply #415860 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:26 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754