Anonymous
Years ago

Jack McVeigh killing it at Under 18's

Can someone please tell me a bit about him. Date of birth, height, position etc. Thanks

Topic #31479 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

We don't usually specifically talk about juniors on this forum.

Reply #415184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What? Exum and Simmons are talked about on a daily basis...

Reply #415186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's alright Jack that's his mum.

Reply #415189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is at the AIS, they haven't filled out a profile page for him yet (their getting very slack at this...)

http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/sports/basketball/news/australian_institute_of_sport_announce_2013_national_centre_of_excellence_scholarship_recipients

SG/SF
born 1996 (i think)
played in the australian team for the adidas nations
http://www.adidasnations.com/teams/team-australia/

he is very athletic but looks like he need to work on his 3point shots if the stats at under 18's are anything to go by...

look at Jonah Bolden he is really doing well

Reply #415196 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

His is playing on an average QLD team and had
11 TO'S in one game today !!!!!!!... where as Johan Bolden is killing it for NSW. 28pts 19reb 5stl 5blk

Reply #415199 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

189, It's very rare for parents or JDOs/CDs to get on this forum to talk up their offspring / protege.

Reply #415202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm just an Aussie hoop junkie wanting to know more about our elite juniors. That's why I started the thread

Reply #415211 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Jack, while I understand the need to protect our juniors from social media rumours and associated issues. At what age do we accept a dialogue about junior sports people mate?

We see so much of it all over the world in many sports, under 18's, 17's.., TAC Cup, College prospects etc...

I am just asking for some clarification here?? I agree we need to be more polite and diplomatic, but sometimes I wonder about this myself, being a dad of teens, you always want them to know about respect...

Social media has rules, people need to respect one another online too!

Reply #415213 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Bear, I was stating the forum rules, but your discussion is valid. If a 17 yo is playing an open age group sport, then you would expect them to be talking about like they were an adult. If Creeeky was 17 (for argument's sake) and signed on with the Sixers then he should be talked about like Gibbo (for example)

I think the consensus would be that juniors should be protected. They are still developing in maturity and adverse experiences may impact them more greatly than a senior person.

Perhaps as a forum rule, discussions on specific junior performances should be seen as OK if they are limited to fact, or not construed as being vindictive. Perhaps if they are representing a state at national level that might be seen as being OK.

Reply #415220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All I wanted to know was his dob, height and playing position. What's wrong with that?

Reply #415221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/usersguide/

The Rules

Please try to avoid naming players who are under the age of 18, unless they have played at a higher level (AIS, ABL, etc). This is encouraged rather than being a strict rule, and it is done so at the request of a few coaches who are concerned about the potential effects of public discussion of player performance on young players.

I'd say the starter of this thread should be okay to ask - his dob, height and playing position and other general things.

But you could just google it, as I did to provide some info above and while your at it, as said check out Jonah Bolden as well as Kyle Clark who is just starting to really light up the scoreboard.

Reply #415234 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754