Combined state results

Now before people use size of population as an excuse, just look at Tassie.

You could say "its a weak age group" but the problem is the results are slipping for SA across boys/girls and metro/country.

SA has almost slipped down to WA and is way behind TAS.

What are the problems?

This isn't meant to be a NG/JB bashing. The problems start right from the top!

Only a few years ago these results would have been unacceptable. How accountable are the leaders in the sport to achieve their KPIs, when the sport is governed by volunteers who are not accountable.

Vic - 22/2
NSW - 17/7
QLD - 16/8
TAS - 7/5
SA - 9/15
WA - 7/17
ACT - 1/11
NT - 0/12

Topic #31501 | Report this topic

Annon  
Years ago

Problem 1
Inactive and silent Association
We no longer play in a competition that is equal yet nothing gets done about it by the leaders of the sport.
Lopsided week I week out juniors, seniors playing in a comp that they Tain more than they play, clubs putting money into useless imports and event that gets no results

Problem 2
Same old same old
Ina week we are going to all role around stadiums formSate Cmapionships with some clubs no hope of winning, and others pinning on their chest they are the best in a weak comp. some teams will be busting their arse to get to Classics thinking they have made it and achieved by doing it to nearly always play for 13-16

Problem 3
Elite, SASI is outdated , out of touch and boring...

If you think the 18's are bad, stay tuned for July at Wayville

Reply #415455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone care to breakdown the 9 wins into boys and girls and Country v Metro? Did they match up and who won?

I wonder if the right kids are being selected or if it's another case of not how you play but who you know, I heard the boys Metro team had 5 Sturt players as the core is that true?

Reply #415460 | Report this post

D Bag  
Years ago

Those results just show how good JS is going.

Reply #415463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually Metro team started 3 West players and had 2 west coaches and West finished 3rd over summer.

Reply #415464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pfft. Firstly you have to split into each country and metro region,as they are run completely seperately. Then give us some historical data to compare to. And some insight/proof as to when these results were unacceptable.

Reply #415465 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Wow, WA is not looking so crash hot.

Reply #415468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #415490 | Report this post

Years ago

not a high achieving group - how about compare u16 results a year and 2 years ago to see direction

Reply #415491 | Report this post

State of Play  
Years ago

Ok, I'll take the bait.

The issue is endemic with Bsketball from the top down.

The Commissionis:
Made up of too many none basketball people.
Have not had a forward thinking plan at any point.
Have not changed anything in elite district basketball since their tenure

The BSA group:
No real increases in stadiums size or courts used.
Still have not grown numbers in 10 years.
No plan moving forward - we have 3 different domestic models currently operating.
No assistance to clubs who are struggling.

Competition:
No level of comeptition on Friday nights.
No assistance again to help clubs get up to standard.
No expectations on clubs to improve themselves.
U23 competition has been a flop with it being a much lower standard than former reserves comeptition.
Saturday morning competition has no real plan.
Maybe need to review the structure. Pro/rel???
Only development in State Champs, was to allow country teams to amalgamate, has lead to less country teams entering.
No roll out of stadium scoring.
No live online updates.

Referee:
Low numbers
Low standard
No referee accountablity
Referee levels mean we cant increase size on Friday night competition, hence removal of U20 comeptition.

Given all that;

How would we expect anything BUT worsening results???

Reply #415494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zones equal competition.

Reply #415497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does Zones = competition?

Reply #415503 | Report this post

ZONE1  
Years ago

stronger clubs continue to pillage weaker clubs - to build stocks but reality is talent pool remains same.
smaller clubs basically become feeder clubs to the norwood eagle sturt combo's. These clubs promote and build their reputaions positively - so good on them
lesser clubs struggle to provide meaningful teams to challenge high achievers
high achievers lack competion to improve becomes easy option to join strong group without wanting to work to improve club until of course new recruit comes in and playets lost to the sport
ZONING IS only way forward

Reply #415523 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Zones won't help

Need to have another forum for CEO to take all the notes, create a useless report and then so nothing about it!

SASI coaches need to be spread out and assist clubs wight he program

No clearances just to try and get a state gig

Reply #415525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SASI coaches are already spread out. SASI is not a secret society. If you want to be part of it, just ask your coaching director and he/she will tee it up for you. Anyone can be a SASI coach.

If your club is under represented at SASI, the fault lies with your club, not with SASI.

Reply #415529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Post #460: Of course it is a case of who you know...... Like everything in life.

Reply #415604 | Report this post

Ball4lyf  
Years ago

The basketball that the Tasmanian boys played this week was outstanding to watch. Easily one of the best Tasmanian groups I have ever seen and I have been around for a long time.

I also though that NSW METRO AND VIC METRO were playing equally as well, getting everyone involved and making basketball enjoyable to all spectators.

For those who say that NSW METRO were playing just through Bolden, yes this was the case but as we saw when they played Tasmania in the semi, Bolden only had 8 points but others stepped up and showed that they were a team!

This was a great week of basketball and I thouroughly enjoyed watching the championship.

Reply #415702 | Report this post

agrid  
Years ago

I think WA provides a good example of what not to do, watch and learn.

Reply #415706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zone1,

Zones introduced.
Kid unhappy at current club. Cant move clubs. Quits sport.

End of Sport.

Reply #415709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If anyone can be a SASI coach then how is that elite - A bit like nearly any player can be a SASI player. Seriously we need to look at what Queensland and Tasmania are doing with their elite programs. I have kids coming back to me as their coach and the drills are almost the same as what I was doing 15 years ago at SASI. Nice to know the game hasn't changed in that time!!

Reply #415721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People from any club can be in SASI. Not anyone from any club.

But sure you've be involved previously. Cause if you were you wouldn't already know that.

Reply #415722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754