dfrdhdb
Years ago

New Look Wildcats 2013-14

This should be what the Wildcats target if Kevin Lisch leaves.

PG. D.Martin, A.Bruce
SG. Import/A.Gibson, B.Lewis
SF. G.Hire, J.Wagstaff
PF. M.Knight, S.Redhage
C. M.Dunigan, Dev (M.Vigor)

11th Dev (G.Field)
12th Dev (K.Armour)

This team loses a superstar in Kevin Lisch, but can gain an import or Adam Gibson. Gets more offence off the bench with Lewis and Bruce in. Still has a good defence with Martin, Hire and Knight, (Gibson if plays). This team fits under the points system with 78/80.

In: Bruce, Dunigan, Lewis, Import/Gibson.
Out: Lisch, Trueman, Bartlett, Carter.

Robbins, Tovey ret.

Thoughts

Topic #31507 | Report this topic

Roger  
Years ago

I think its an unlikely lineup

Reply #415545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except the points cap is 70
Try again

Reply #415546 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Too bad the points cap is 70. Try again and ditch a star. The biggest problem the Cats have is the points that Redhage and Wagstaff us up when both play the same position and have very similar skill sets. Maybe without Bevo they can play together more often and not be such a waste of points as they were. Both, moreso Wagstaff need to play more minutes.

Reply #415547 | Report this post

Pie cart  
Years ago

Over the 70 points try again fella.
You haven't listed coach either.

Reply #415548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a pity the points cap is only 70, it looked like a great team. The bigger issue is WHO will be the coach??

Reply #415549 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Someone should tell him the points cap is only 70.

Reply #415550 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Anyone else think points cap might be an issue? Not sure it has been given enough discussion :-).

Reply #415551 | Report this post

captain obvious  
Years ago

70 points lad

Reply #415552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont they only get 70 points? Can anyone confirm?

Reply #415554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats 2013-14

* D Martin (9)
* Import 10 (lisch ?)
* G Hire 7
* J Wagstaff (8)
* M Dunigan 10

R Carter 7 (another option A Bruce)
Bartlett (4)
Cody Ellis
S Redhage 10
Michael Vigor?

Think thats 70 could be wrong. Internal ratings for martin, wagstaff and bartlett under existing contract, could start redhage in place of hire or wagstaff. Definately a playoff capable team. No idea who will coach if Bevo goes?

Reply #415555 | Report this post

Looks like a very nice suggested lineup except I don't think it would fit under the points cap. Also fstos is right that it is a waste of points & money if Redhage & Wagstaff can't coexist on the court. I think they should be able to. New coach needs to think outside the box and not always have the same subs all the time. Redhage & Wagstaff together should create matchup problems for opponents if there both on together. Also no point having both Knight and Dunigan if you ask me. Knight is only good because he can play down low as a 5 and step out for jumpers. Play him at the 4 spot and he loses much of his advantages plus I wouldn't want to see him chasing other 4s around he could not keep up.

Reply #415556 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Its been 70 since before the 3peat wildcats fans! Thank you for the laughs.

Reply #415565 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Firstly regardless of the points cap being 70, Bartlett is still under contract.

I personally would much rather see Carter than Aaron Bruce (I trust Carter more than I could Bruce - just a personal thing Rhys is my favourite player)

Also I think Gibson is toxic and would be wasted in Perth. If we have to lose Lisch then I'd rather have Carter and Martin on court at the same time and save some points from Gibson.

Also buddy who is your go to guy down the stretch if Lisch isn't around?

Reply #415571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bartlett is under contract for next season.

Reply #415573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massingale could be handy as a 7 rating. Id take him any day over Bartlett

Reply #415577 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

And this, folks, is why the points cap should be eighty.

Reply #415585 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Why? So NZ and Perth can stack their teams?

Reply #415589 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^^^

Yes.

The advantages are self-evident.

(more seriously, it *would* be a much more entertaining team to watch that could play a more attractive, higher-quality brand of basketball, which helps the League draw fans back to the fold and, importantly, the TV)

Reply #415608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The nbl would suffer without Perth and NZ crowds

Reply #415614 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Would be intresting if nz played every game at vector arena and what would the crowd be week in week out? Perth avg 11,500 of hand?

Reply #415615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Replace Townsville and Adelaide with a second Melbourne team and a Brisbane team, also a 2nd NZ based team

Reply #415616 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

2nd NZ Team would be great

Reply #415676 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754