Anonymous
Years ago

Ingles13 quote Re: Lakers vs Spurs series

From a thread about Kobe a couple of weeks ago:

"I now give them (Lakers) a LEGIT shot vs the spurs to advance. Infact, If their odds for the series are $2.40+ I'm probably gonna chuck my entire betting account on them to win"

I think it's time you stop 'educating' us, mate.

Topic #31518 | Report this topic

m  
Years ago

^Not a smart idea mate, he will just use Nash's Blake's and Meek's injuries to argue with you.

Reply #415752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha true. But then I'd ask him to look at his beloved advanced stats and tell me why those injured guys would make up the 54 point deficit over the three games so far.

Reply #415756 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Also his Lakers are 4-1 without Kobe argument will probably be Lakers 4-5 without Kobe after todays game.

Ill use an Ingles quote to sum it up "Numbers do not lie"

Reply #415759 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Tony Parker lighting it up offensively, Pualo Gasol trying hard to keep LAL in it...

Reply #415762 | Report this post

Fm  
Years ago

Howard should try and keep up with basketball basics like hitting free throws before telling the refs how to call a game.

Hopefully LA get rid of him.

Reply #415764 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Great to see Baynes getting decent minutes in a game like this and scoring a few, but not much from Patty...

Reply #415766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

baynes got howard ejected

Reply #415768 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

... And Patty got some junk time...

Now let's see if Bogut and the Warriors can get over the Nuggets??

Reply #415769 | Report this post

The lakers would not be playing the spurs if Kobe didn't cost them NUMEROUS games in the reg season. Just remember, the lakers would've been the #1 seed in the west if they continued to play at the .800 record they played without Kobe and would be facing the Houston Rockets, led by the best SG in the league - James Harden

Reply #415771 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lol above comment was me. Haha used that username in the Schmidt thread ages ago

Reply #415772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets not forget that T-Mac is out of the first round

Reply #415773 | Report this post

Jim Bert  
Years ago

I didn't see the game so I can't put it in context but here is the video of Howard being ejected:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8L_7pLbCms

Reply #415774 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Dwight howards on a 1 yr. So he's gone !
Lakers played shit especially dwight. Nobody wants to play the spurs or heat in the first round. But I'm sure the jazz would've pulled out a game 5 with their eyes closed

Reply #415775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop with the 'lol' Ingles, none of us find your shit funny because we all see you as an immature kid.

I actually thought your first comment was sarcasm; that's how stupid you are and how bad you are at proving a point.

Btw, how's that betting account?

Reply #415777 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Baynes playing some solid Defence on Howard. Getting Howard frustrated and eventually getting him ejected after the two were tangled. Great stuff.

after watching Dwight in a Lakers uniform there really shouldn't be a comparison with Howard and Shaq. really limited offensive game and nowhere near the dominance, effort and asset that shaq was to a team.

Reply #415781 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Baynes is a beast, good for him...

Howard looks to have sooked up a bit, letting out his frustration on the poor old feller in the black and white stripes!

That'll git yer nowhere fast mate!

Reply #415783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

baynes was in full beast mode. howards stocks have gone this season, he won't be getting the price he was offered at the end of last season.

Reply #415794 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Dwight will still get a max contract. You really think an average team with cap space won't throw as much as possible at a great centre?

Reply #415810 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lakers winning 80% without Kobe? What are you on? Give me some of those drugs

Reply #415811 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

4-1 = 80% winning ratio. If by drugs you mean FACTS, then I am here to supply them to you

Reply #415815 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Baynes starts, records the largest +/- for the team in 16mins and gets Howard ejected. Loving this kid.

Reply #415819 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

So sick of watching Dwight get overly aggressive and angry towards players when he gets fouled in the paint.

Like every time he gets fouled, he expects it to be a flagrant or something.

They are fouling you because you can't hit free throws. If you want them to stop, hit your free throws, otherwise stop whinging.

In all honesty though, if I was a GM I wouldn't be touching Howard. His inclination to overfoul..His inability to make FTs..his attitude..He isn't a cancer, but IMHO he isn't a guy I would actually want.

All this talk of Howard going to Houston. If I was GM, I would be like screw that, I am keeping Asik. Because he is a hard-working player, who has a great attitude, knows his role. Better value than Howard.

Reply #415826 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

He gets ejected in Game 4 of the playoffs when his team is down 0-3.

He then has the audacity to have words with Kupchak on the way to the locker room.

Reply #415827 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

MACDUB,

I am in 100% support of everything you just said.

Reply #415833 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

So, where did Superman go.....?

He was so cool a few years ago, what changed for Dwight??

Reply #415835 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

4-1 = 80% winning ratio. If by drugs you mean FACTS, then I am here to supply them to you

But they're 4-5 not 4-1 now. Fact. You've also chosen a sample of 5 games. Five. That is absurd.

You've made the claim without Kobe they could win 80% of their games for the stretch of a season. Utterly ridiculous. You've lost all rationality, FACT. (if you ever had it).

Reply #415839 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

MACDUB,

I am in 100% support of everything you just said.
+1. I think Howard is getting this 'wants to join a team who will win a championship immediately' fever. At least LeBron contributes without being a dick. No team should aim for Howard, and his price/value should be driven down considerably as a result.

So, where did Superman go.....?

He was so cool a few years ago, what changed for Dwight??
Superman left just prior to Stan Van Gundy getting pushed out.

Reply #415840 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Fact: if the lakers played without Kobe for the entire season and went at a .800 pace, they wouldn't be forced to go up against the best team of the last 15 years boasting the best player of this generation in tim Duncan

Reply #415842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're not a very bright kid are you, Ingles?

Btw, what is your favourite NBA team, Ingles?

Reply #415851 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That's not a fact that's a ridiculous scenario.

In your mind isn't there a massive alert going "5 games is not enough data to make a credible opinion on an entire season"

You know what is realistic? Lakers without Kobe not only wouldn't win 80% of their games, they would struggle to win 40%. They wouldn't make the finals with their current team minus Kobe, the 4-0 annihilation proves it to a certain extent. They'd be annihilated by OKC, Clippers, Memphis, Denver much the same.

Reply #415852 | Report this post

new name please  
Years ago

Ha ha Tim Duncan the best player of this generation. News flash ingles13, get a clue man. While Timmy is a hall of famer he has had an amazing team for 15 years with arguably the best coach of this generation.

It's no longer trolling is called ingles.

Your Kobe bashing is insanely immature you must be a pathetic individual if you believe even half the shit you dribble. Kobe is by far the best player of his generation and I'm not even a laker fan. I think 98% of the 200 million basketball fans around the globe whether they like or loathe Bryant would put him top 6 ALL TIME and that's a FACT.

plain and simple with a healthy Bryant, Blake, Meeks, Nash, Hill this series would've gone to seven.

FACT you advanced biometric virgin.

Reply #415854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should lakers sign and trade Howard?

Also ingles the lakers are under 500 without Kobe so obviously would never have made playoffs so your education is incorrect.

Reply #415902 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

The lakers also aren't required to play the best team in the west 5 teams in the reg season. Your terrible logic is flawed in every single way

Reply #415905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sign and trade Dwight can't lead a team to the title.

Dwight is too weak minded to have any effect in LA.
He is not a franchise player. It's obvious he is still injured you can tell by the way he dunks, just look at his jams in Orlando they were huge now he just pops them in safely.

If he stays in LA he needs a major attitude adjustment, mouthing off at Kupchack in the tunnel was a disgrace, his days are numbered.

Reply #415958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So ingles 5 games is a better way to base your idiotic opinions.

Harden 33% FG and 10 turnovers today.

Thinking maybe sign and trade Howard for two mid range players to play with Nash, Kobe and Gasol. Unfortunately won't get a great point guard for him.

Reply #416028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles13 is just a halfwit. When he stops commenting, he knows he's beat. Then again, when he repeats the same idle shit accompanied with insults he has recited from first grade, he knows he's beat too. I don't know, I guess Mark Twain can sum it up for us.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Reply #416036 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Don't see how harden comes into this thread at all, unless you're implying that Kobe is better than harden which is outrageously wrong and lol @ replying to troll anons

Reply #416037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No just thought I'd mention it since you rave on about him. So if they don't take thunder to 7 then hardens failed?

Reply #416066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harden is a decent player but I'd still take Bryant even in one leg. Ingles you chump harden will never win MVP, never lead the league in scoring, never win a title, never win finals MVP, never make the all defensive first team, never make all nba 1st team. He is just a guy who gets recognised because of his beard and has a nice shimmy on the fast break. He may win Allstar MVP one day if he's lucky but sorry ingles that's the only trophy he's gonna get.

Harden isn't shit, just look today 10 turnovers at home lol lol lol

Lol lol

Reply #416068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Reply #416073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles still hasn't responded from when I questioned him about a statement in regards to curry, I said before all star game that curry should make it. He told me that curry isn't even the best player at the warriors. I still can't see that so want him to further educate me.

Please enlighten me oh great one, share wisdom!

Reply #416146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles still hasn't responded from when I questioned him about a statement in regards to curry, I said before all star game that curry should make it. He told me that curry isn't even the best player at the warriors. I still can't see that so want him to further educate me.

Please enlighten me oh great one, share wisdom!

Reply #416147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And he still hasn't answered my question of who his favourite NBA team is. He is a bit of a weird kid. Before, I thought he was smart and good at simply being a smart ass, but I've come to realise he isn't that bright. The way he writes, all the spelling and grammar mistakes in just about every comment. And those bloody capitalised words mid-way through sentences. Has no interpersonal skills (which is what you need to effectively put a point across, if you're reading, Ingles) and I think his intellectual capacity in general is a but subpar. He just likes to sound tough and like he knows what's going on, but unfortunately he sucks. So I think the way to shut him up is simply not responding to him because regardless of how good/bad another's comment, he will feed off it exactly like an internet troll does. That's my theory on this basket case anyway.

Reply #416157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754