Liam Flynn
Years ago

Ex SE Melb Magic Import - future GM of Cavs?

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0505/31/F01-198300.htm

See if you can spot the name....

Topic #3152 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Interesting article........the media weren't doing anything for the comradery in the pistons by almost provoking some annoyance toward Larry Brown

Reply #36298 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Milt had one of the best flat tops going around in the early 90's. He was on fire every time he played the sixers. I still remember the court announcer at the Dome calling his name (in a monotone voice) after every bucket he scored. There was one game where he scored 5 buckets in a row. Each score followed by "Milt Newton 2 points" echoing from the speakers.

That night I couldn't get that voice out of my head. 2 points Milt Newton, 2 points Milt Newton, 2 points Milt Newton, 2 points Milt Newton, 2 points Milt Newton.

Scared for Milt Newton!!

Reply #36313 | Report this post

JoJo  
Years ago

Not one of your funniest story Manute, guess you had to be there to get the jist of things!!!!!! Still luv you anyway!

Reply #36452 | Report this post

Woody Fan  
Years ago

Reply #36453 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I remember running around the Powerhouse, stirring the crap out of Sixers' fans when the Magic were in town in 1992. First Milt Newton came to town (the dude could touch the top of the backboard!) and then Robert Rose in the finals, after they sent Milt packing.

He was a great looking dude, but they only took off when Rob Rose came in.

And before I get lynched ..... we were fiercely loyal to Scotty and when he went to the SEM, we followed. Damn the Sixers were good for a stir - I got spat on at the finals game but got the last laugh. Aaaah, the good times.

And I've still got the banners we held up at the game. Sad, but true.

Reply #36463 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:32 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754