SG Adam Gibson
PG Ayinde Ubaka
BENCH
Schenscer
Pero
Lewis
Cadee
Daly

I know the bench aint that good but that starting line-up is great and would be an entertaining game to watch.

Topic #31546 | Report this topic

Justin  
Years ago

You forgot Mitch Creek, not too keen on Ubaka either

Reply #416583 | Report this post

Pie Cart  
Years ago

Johnson
Petrie
SF Import. Starters
Gibson
Import PG

Luke
Backup young
Forman
Cadee. Bench
Daly

Ubaka won't be in sixers uniform.we will get a new face import fresh face..
I think Wright wants to build team for the future like he did at Gold Coast not too many older players in team .

Reply #416585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson
Williamson
Petrie
Gibson
Gilchrist or warren (cheap)

Luke
Creek
Cadee
Lewis
Daley

Reply #416586 | Report this post

Pie Cart  
Years ago

Creek on bench until he is match fit.

Reply #416587 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

C Johnson/Schenscher
F Petrie/Person getting splinters
F Weigh/Creek
G Import/Person getting splinters
G Gibson/Cadee

As i've been saying for a long time, it's better to have 8 good players than 10 decent players. We should put all we can into a good import, and keep Weigh (I think he was one of our best last year apart from Johnson, and consistent defensively).

Let Johnson/Petrie/Schensch take up all the minutes in the C/PF roles. Fourth guy can be someone like Pero who will sit with splinters and hopefully never have to be used in anything other than junk time.

C/PF 80mins; 32 for Johnson, 28 for Petrie, 20 for Schensch.

PG/SG/SF 120 mins; 32 for Gibbo, 28 for import, 20 for Weigh, Creek, Cadee.

Reply #416590 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@KET - "As i've been saying for a long time, it's better to have 8 good players than 10 decent players."

Normally I'd agree, but the Wildcats have shown that not to be the case with the way the NBL is officiated these days. I doubt guys like Hire, Trueman and Bartlett would get half the minutes they do at Perth, elsewhere. Even the Breakers had 9 good players, and one freak in Cedrick Jackson.

Also, I don't think the club has the $$$ to keep Weigh and spend big on an import: it's essentially the same team from last season, and only minimum wage imports in Massingale and Christopherson could be afforded.

For my liking:

Schenscher/Pero or Jan Warbout*
Johnson/Petrie**
Import/Creek
Gibson/Import
Cadee/Doyle***

*Not necessarily sold on Jan.
** I like Petrie as the spark off the bench.
*** I'm assuming Daly is gone to Sydney?

My imports:
Ron Dorsey - without knowing too much about Joey Wright, I believe he would command enough respect to rein a guy like Dorsey in and refine his shot selection. Then you have a dangerous 3-point shooter with the ability to slash and finish at the rim. Not sure if he's as willing to play for minimum(ish) money as I've read though.

Rotnei Clarke - anyone who saw this kid play at Butler over the past few years would know this kid is a consummate professional. As is 'The Butler Way'. I doubt he'll get much of a look from NBA scouts, but I seriously think he could be the next Kevin Lische and dominate at the NBL level. This also allows plenty of minutes for Cadee with Clarke's inexperience.

I say take a punt on the kid and wait him out a few years, though I'm not delusional to the improbability of it actually happening. Also not sure what his salary demands are coming straight out of college.

Reply #416591 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

This thread feels like it has been done to death but here is my look at it. Probably get laughed at for these suggestions (or atleast some of them)

PG - Darius Johnson-Odom / Jason Cadee
SG - Adam Gibson / Drew Williamson
SF - Ron Dorsey / Mitch Creek
PF - Adam Petrie / Jonah Bolden
C - Daniel Johnson / Luke Schenscher

Reply #416594 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think we should just keep the same team as last year.

Reply #416596 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sorry.... maybe except SC.

Reply #416597 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Sign LeBron James, he can opt out of his Miami contract.

2eazy

Reply #416598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron would be more likely to sign with Sydney for the nightlife, ladies, to be coached by Shane Heal his childhood idol etc.

On the 36ers I could handle Gilchrist again on the cheap along with a cheap Shane Edwards. Lure Ng out of retirement or whoever.

Gilchrist/Cadee
Gibson/Ng
Edwards/Creek
DJ/Petrie
Schen/Pero

Reply #416601 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Being a Gibbo fan, I hope Joey keeps him at the pg spot.

Not a revelation in saying that things didn't work too well when Deleon was brought in to the Blaze and primarily ran the point, with Gibbo forced to the two. Gibbo looked out of place at times, and fairly much said so. Hasn't been shy to say he prefers to have the ball in his hands and play the 1.

I envisage a lot of quick lineups with Cadee and Gibbo on court together alternating handling duties, would hazard a guess and say Joey goes for a legit 2/3 import. Wonder what Ebi is doing.

Being solid shooters, fair to say we can expect DJ and Peach to get the lion's share of minutes up front. Will be interested to see what run Schench gets as he doesn't have great range, and I can't recall Joey ever running with such a tall bloke and his accompanying skill set.

Whatever happens, I hope you Adelaide fans finally get a taste of success after a few stale years, you certainly deserve it.

Reply #416610 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

Joey should look at some of the New Zealand Imports some nice stats.

I recall Mark Davis playing there before he played for the Adelaide 36ers and made impact in his firdt season.

Dont want recycled imports of Dorsey,people want see fresh faces so that will excite the team and bring people back to our stadium.

Reply #416611 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

*** I'm assuming Daly is gone to Sydney?

based on? Not that I'd be unhappy with it, but this is the first anything has been even close to being suggested?

Reply #416624 | Report this post

KracKa BballiN'  
Years ago

@wookie
Daly to sydney is mentioned here in the gibbo signing thread, hoops is the only place ive heard it mentioned. Would be dispionted to see him go.
Would be interested to know where this info has come from...

Reply #416632 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Re: Daly. I don't know that to be the case: just what I've read here. Could be 100% bum fluff.

Since his DP status has expired, it wouldn't surprise me that he's pushing for a larger role wherever he can find one. It also wouldn't surprise me that he were offered a solid 15mpg bench role elsewhere given his performances down the stretch of last season.

Reply #416650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd love to see Gilchrist get another shot, he had a great year. I hate Gibbo at PG, does not penetrate enough.

Please dump Cadee, undersized chucker.

Anyway of luring Ismail Muhammed back? Schensher loves the guy, insane hops and can play. He played well for Atlanta in preseason.

So here is my team

Schensher
Johnson
Muhammed/other import SF
Gibson
Gilchrist

Creek
Petrie
Rychart
Doyle
Lewis

Other PG options, Jordan Taylor if available, Homicide, Malcolm Grant

Reply #416725 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Who was the big guy (rookie) for the crocs that shot a few 3s end of last season? Shit rebounder

Reply #416864 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Thought I'd throw my team into the ring;

C - DJ/Schenscher
PF - Petrie/Pero
SF - DJ Kennedy or Glen Rice Jr/Creek
SG - Chris Roberts/Lewis
PG - Gibson/Cadee

Reply #416880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love your import choices Tornado, seen them both play D-league, looked very good and DJ is that ball handling, do it all sf that Wright alluded to wanting. He would be my first pick for that role.

Reply #416885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know Joey stated they want a import pg and ball handling sf, which i liked at the time.

But now thinking about it, with Gibson presumably staying, and injury troubles to Creek, Petrie, Schenscher last season, im sure they will be ok for game 1, i was wondering if we would be better off going for a stud sg/sf, and a sf/pf with what ever we can afford or keep Weigh in that role.

My first choice sg/sf Ebi Ere or someone similar, Ebi would be ideal as knows the NBL, a scorer next to Gibson, can play sf if Cadee steps up and earns the starting pg spot or Creek is not ready for big minutes from the start. I know $$ wise Ebi is likely on more than NBL $$ and probably dreaming if i think he would come back, but Joey knows him, has tweeted him as such, and is the perfect player for this spot, so give it a real crack Joey, if not possible try and find someone of a similar skill set or if still want a pg get a scorer Deleon another guy who knows Joey or Gary Ervin would be ideal.

For the sf/pf spot i put forward John Williamson, firstly as it would be great to see him actually play for the 36ers after we didnt get to see him, but i also think he would be a good fit. Watching a vtb game against cska on youtube, cska are a Eruo powerhouse in all leagues and he puts up around 16 and 10, seems to be a good athlete atleast as good as a Wortho/Weigh type so good enough to play sf atleast part time, plays pf in this game but does handle the ball a little and penetrates a few times, a nice dunk in the 2nd qtr. He doesnt seem to have much of an outside shot but ok from mid range being the only downside, reminds me alot of Chris Williams former king, in know comparisons were made previously. He could basically start at either forward spot and have a 3 man forward rotation with Creek and Petrie all playing 25-30 mins each. Not sure if he is keen, but have seen rumours he was or what he is earning, but if he is still keen and willing to play for what we can afford i say lock him in, presumably not a huge $$ spot id spend more on the other import spot.

Youtube link for the game, also featuring Jamar Wilson is #7 white, and Williamson is #45 white, Williamson is atleast as good as Jamar so would do well i reckon.

If we got lucky and landed both imports, potentially both MVP level guys, Williamson looks good against strong competition and on training form had heaps of hype we would have a team of

C Schenscher/Johnson

PF Petrie/?? Dowdell/Pero/young guy

SF Williamson/Creek (want Creek to play plenty if he is in good form from day 1 he can start straight away or else bring him off the bench and ease him back at reduced pressure.)

SG Ere/?? id go Erik Burdon, brings a good shooter, could play a Ng role imo, in good SEABL form, if Daly isnt gone as rumours suggest he also would be in the running for this spot.

PG Gibson/Cadee

Basically run a 8-9 man rotation of

C Schenscher (20)/Johnson (20)
PF Petrie (20)/Williamson (20)
SF Williamson (10)/Creek (20)/Ere (10)
SG Ere (20)/Gibson (10)/Burdon (10)
PG Gibson (20)/Cadee (20)

I'd bring Johnson off the bench in a spark plug scorer role which i think will suit him aslong as he buys into it.

The only problem is not a great 3 point shooting team but Ebe and Gibson can get hot, Cadee, Petrie, Johnson can chip in a little, and hopefully Burdon can be a good shooter in his cameo role, so may be able to get away with it.

Everything else is covered imo, and if Creek were slow to get back to top form for some reason or Petrie or Schenscher have more back troubles Williamson gives us plenty of support for any of them.

Just a thought, what do people think, i know im dreaming with Ebi, but do people agree he is the ideal for this team to pair with Gibbo? So hopefully Joey can find someone similar if he cant convince Ebi. Gibbo definatly cant be our main scoring guard imo, happy for him to play sg if we have a scoring pg like Ervin or Deleon, but personally i like him as a defensive minded pg, give him the Mee role not the Maher role as everyone seems to be trying to do.

Reply #417151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk5niT3h4Yw

oops here is the youtube link if people wanna watch Jamar Wilson and John Williamson take on CSKA

Reply #417152 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754