philly
Years ago

GSW v Nuggets Game 6

Who is going to get up today? Bogut running the show but looks like they are going to get Lee to take some time off him. Personally I would be getting as much minutes out of Bogut - he is killing it.

Topic #31552 | Report this topic

philly  
Years ago

Lee off now

Reply #416683 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Okay now Bogut has avoided foul trouble he probably needs to up the intensity. Lawson was just strolling in on him.

Reply #416684 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Bogut playing very well need him the whole game

Reply #416688 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Beast mode Bogut lol

Reply #416696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone have an online radio stream for this game?

Reply #416705 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

What a horseshit blocking call on bogut just before the half! Terrible

Reply #416707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's loud time now boys! Brilliant pass from Bogey to Curry on that three

Reply #416712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boogey having a great game

Reply #416715 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

BOGUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Reply #416716 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut is the difference right now...if he is not doing it himself in the paint at either end, he is setting up his team mates...

Reply #416719 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Bogut leading the way on the defensive end, he could end up with over 20 boards today and in a playoff match that is HUGE, He will be talked up again if they can win this one.
GO WARRIORS!

Reply #416720 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

11PT 3Q time lead, Bogut with 17 boards.

Reply #416723 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Is this Bogut's first "massive" game for the Warriors? I'd say so.

18 boards (including 7 offensive), 4 blocks and a steal with a quarter left to play. Defensive masterclass

Reply #416733 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

They need to go to Bogut more

Reply #416735 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The Warriors need to play through him a little more to make the offensive a little less predictable.

They haven't really taken advantage of his great passing ability for a big man yet. This team is still figuring things out though.

It's so much fun watching Steph Curry hurl shots that would be labelled "bad" or "low percentage" looks from any other player, but he just makes them all so it doesn't matter. He flies in the face of everything that the modern advanced statistics movement treasures such as the corner three, no jumpshots under full pressure, no threes off the dribble, and no mid range shots.

He's very old school in that way, and it's all because he can flat out shoot it from anywhere.

Reply #416736 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

In trouble now the Warriors because they ignored Bogut on offense

Reply #416737 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

There is just no way you can hate the warriors, such loveable underdogs

Reply #416738 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Steph Curry, 5 turnovers...camaan son!

Reply #416739 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Holy epic meltdown Batman.

Reply #416742 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

BIGOT 21 Boards

Reply #416744 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Yeah 18 point lead down to 6...then again the Nuggets are a good team, they wouldn't just lie down and take a game 6 loss.

Reply #416745 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Lucky to be ahead with Jack , Curry and Thompson playing pretty average. Green and Bogut stepping up big time.

When your center is stronger than anyone on the court and has shot 7-10 for the game to go with 20 boards, you should get him the ball in the fourth a little more often, no? Especially when you're in the midst of an epic scoring drought.

Just my two cents...

Reply #416747 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

^ I ment to say BIGUT 21 Boards.

Reply #416748 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

4pt lead, oh crap

Reply #416749 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Zomg, 3 point lead with 1:00 to go and they're shooting from range? ugh. Playoff basketball that is not.

Reply #416751 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Seconds to go.........And a 2 point game!!

Give it the big bloke, please??

Reply #416752 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

pressure free throws

Reply #416755 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Thank you based Jarret Jack...2 posession game with 7 seconds to go

Reply #416756 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

YESSSSSSSSS, I bet Warrior fans will be happier with the Bogut trade now, they hated the trade when it happened now he has them into the second Rd of the Playoffs, Oh the Bucks went out in straight sets too.

Reply #416757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOD GOD GOD GOD

-Mark Jackson

Reply #416758 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Well that was a lot closer than it needed to be...

Maybe it's time they start embracing advanced statistics and taking the high percentage shots.

Reply #416762 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

next up BOGUT vs BAYNES

Reply #416764 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Yeah, but high percentage shots only give 2 points! if you hit threes you get THREE points!

Reply #416765 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Philly, the point in the game that Baynes will get minutes is the point that Bogut will have done his job and be on the bench resting for the next game.

Reply #416767 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Don't understand why Denver gave miller the ball at the end (a very average 3pt shooter) and why he spent 3 seconds dribbling. Needed a quick 2 or a 3 from Iggy/Chandler

Reply #416768 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Can't wait to see the next round, should be fun, if the coaches allow Baynes some time against the Bogey man...?

@Bobby Tables, if you miss a three it is still a miss isn't it...?

Reply #416769 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

The way the Warriors shoot the ball it's like they think you get 3 points for a make and 1 point for a miss.

Reply #416770 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

An exceptional effort to try and lose that game at the end. Denver's pressure was very effective.

Big effort from Bogut!

Reply #416771 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Warriors will have to play a lot smarter to beat Spurs, can't see it myself, but if it goes down to a 3-2 series look out!!

Reply #416773 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great win thanks largely to Bogut's massive impact. He is coming good for the Dubs at the right time of the season.

Baynes will only get court time if Splitter is injured again or the game is over.

Reply #416774 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

bogut was in full beast mode throughout the playoff series. he was the difference.

Reply #416776 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

**Unpopular opinion alert**

I don't think Curry has the killer instinct as a competitor, I think he's a supremely skilled player and his sheer brilliance will win his team a lot of games but I don't think he's one of those players who will achieve more than they should given their talent.

I hatched this theory watching a game earlier this season which GSW ultimately lost, Curry was red hot and ended up scoring 50+, but his body language was more like wow, this is great, I'm having heaps of fun scoring all these points rather than I'm not losing this game to these sons of bitches (ie, he was all smiles and high fives when he got to 50 but he kind of went missing in the last few minutes when the game was on the line).

My theory is that he grew up as the son of a millionaire and life has been pretty easy for him, he's never had to work his way out of the ghetto to make it against all odds so he doesn't have that inner fire. My theory comes unstuck when you compare him to Kobe who had a similar upbringing and is the best competitor since Jordan so who knows, maybe you're just born with it.

I could be totally off the mark on all this by the way, it's just one man's opinion.

Reply #416809 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Pretty out there theory. The guy is 6'3 he can be shutdown you know. Not like this is Kevin Durant we're talking about. No killer instinct? You obviously didn't watch his Davidson NCAA run.

That game he got 50 they lost there was no Bogut and no Lee. Pretty sure New York realized that in the final few minutes to defend him and close the game out. It was all on him that game what more you want him to do?

Also his ankles aren't exactly allowing him to be all he can be.

Pretty sure some of his third quarters in this series have been killer.

Reply #416817 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Great game from Bogut

WTF is with Jarrat Jack?? that guy is a major ball hog, poor shooter and if he ever decides to pass the ball its usually a woeful pass. terrible decision maker out there. at least Curry occasionally passes it.

Reply #416819 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Jarrett Jack is one of the better bench guys in the league and has been superb this season coming off the bench as the back up guy.

He did hit those clutch free throws as well today. Obviously didn't have the best game but he wasn't the only one.

Reply #416820 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Props to Lawson, Iggy and George Karl for their defensive adjustments in games 5 & 6. Curry and especially Klay Thompson weren't the same players they had been in games 2-4.

Great game from Bogut. Hopefully he lifts his pick & roll defense against the Spurs though, otherwise Parker is going to tear him apart!

I'm in awe over Curry's unique combination of ball-handling and shooting ability, however, his body language during stretches of adversity really disappoints me. As soon as he learns not to get too high or too low over the course of a game, he'll be incredibly dangerous.

Reply #416826 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

billo, I am quite smitten by the Warriors and Curry right now but I do remember watching the highlights of that game and thinking he was acting up despite the result. I guess in the heat of things, that feeling would be pretty amazing regardless of a result. But I don't know if one of the crazily competitive players would've been the same?

Could the difference be the way he did it? e.g., burying giant threes (even ones you had no business taking if you weren't heat-checking) rather than taking 20 FTA and taking it to the bucket hard each play?

Reply #416844 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

good article praising Boguts performance in the playoffs so far.
looking forward to Spurs v GSW Bogut vs Duncan/Baynes matchup
Series begins Tuesday Australian time.

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_23162480/poole-warriors-curry-was-great-bogut-was-savior

Reply #416850 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I think there's a good chance Baynes will get genuine minutes this series. He was the number one option in shutting down Dwight. I assume it was matching bulk with bulk. So I reckon Pop will put Baynes on Bogut for at the least an experiment.

Reply #416858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm loving watching the Warriors right now. Havent enjoyed a playoff series of their's more since Kemp went ham on them back in the 90's

anyway, i think Curry is just learning how awesome he is. Once he loses a series the enjoyment of just putting up good numbers will dissappear and he will become an assassin down the stretch. He can already score at will, just wait until he's felt the pain of losing.

Reply #416873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754