wak
Years ago

A 'huge result' says Goorjian

Goorjian's comments after fifth place...
"Qualification for the second phase of competition at the Olympics will be a huge result for us,"

Now isn't this the same guy on Sport's Tonight at the airport leaving for the Diamond Ball who stated they he's going to Olympics to win a medal?

Reality check!

Topic #316 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the same guy that said his team failed the game before due to lack of experience (but not his). :-(

Cheers, DDFan

Reply #2436 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Boomers lost to China in this series (albeit narrowly). I remember the Sixers beat China a couple of years back, in China, and they had Yao back then too. No doubt, he's more experienced now, but I don't know if Goorjian should be elated at the result. Narrow win over Angola, loss to Serbia/Montenegro, etc -- nothing to write home about IMO. More work to come.

Reply #2445 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

exactly right....
but to be honest, i am expecting a place somewhere between 6-8 in ahtens...our team is nothing to write home about when you consider some of the other teams.

Reply #2446 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hmm...dont forget Serbia and Montenegro is actually the current World Champs, so losing to them is no real face loss.

Reply #2454 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

You guys are an absolute joke. You guys can sit here and give the big G shit, at least he is there. Where are you. He just won 2 nbl championships in a row so he must have something they want. I think he is a great coach. Ihope they go to top 4...

Reply #2472 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Yothu, I could of coached the Kings to the last two championships with the roster they had....

Reply #2474 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yet the coach who had coached the previous back to back champion was axed after the team lost a series to NZ. When 3/4 of the Sydney 2000 players were unavailable or had retired.

Yes, I am talking about one P.Smyth.

Reply #2475 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm only critical of the excitement of the "huge result". A huge result would be a second place or something. They should have expected 5th or better. I don't think anyone has claimed they would be a better coach than Goorjian.

Reply #2481 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I think G is a pretty good coach, not as good as Smyth though, and Smyth should be there with the Boomers.

Put that aside I don't appreciate stupid comments which G should have known better in saying.
I also don't appreciate coaches who let Heal run loose unchecked, which is totally against G's ethic (as displayed in G's Kings team with Heal), so why is it suitable for the Boomers.

Would love the Boomers to finally crack the big 4 but would not be a Goorjian and claim that going to win medal, and definately not on national TV.
Yothu, that's what a joke is.

Reply #2520 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754