Anonymous
Years ago

How to improve my handle?

Hey im a 17y.o 6'2' forward, who would like to improve his basketball ball handling any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. No smart alec remaerks thanks.

Topic #31602 | Report this topic

LeRoid James  
Years ago

dribble a tennis ball, heard many pro's say this helped them with handles.

I always grab a ball and practice my dribbling before games during the "warm up" phase....works for me.

Reply #417672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2ball drills.

Reply #417690 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Just keep practicing, but don't look down at the ball, eventually when you can do your drills without looking down you will get to the next level.

Reply #417717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

use a flat basketball or put a basketball in a plastic bag, tie it up and dribble with that

Reply #417727 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

black out the bottom section of a pair of clear safety glasses then practice practice practice.

Reply #417778 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Nothing beats a good, well laid out program that involves specific drills and progression. I think I have one somewhere, if you'd like to leave your email address I’ll have a look and possibly send it across.

The one I have also has video instruction of each drill.....I’ll see if I can attach links or supply the vids as well.

Reply #417807 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Just keep playing ball, bounce the ball all the way to school
Focus on feeling the ball on the way up, not so much power in your bounce but height is important. Try aim to keep it above your knee but below your belly button. Get lower to the ground, then progress higher until your comfortable
Do some drills, baseline to free throw and back, switch hands. Then try it again but with each bounce alternate hands.
Some nba players cup the ball on the sides and roll there hands over before they bounce, which IMO is lazy and cheating. Hands need to be on top of the ball.

Reply #417840 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

2 ball drills

Reply #417855 | Report this post

Ace  
Years ago

Try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRNy46xw4oU

It works

Reply #417912 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:43 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754