Ivo A3
Years ago

how far will the 76ERS go?

now that Allen Iverson and CWebb have gotten kinda use to each other how far do you think they will go next year now that jim o'brien is gone do you think they have a better chance? (o'brien hated webber) now they have maurice cheeks. And when do you think jamal mashburn will retrun? maybe next year?

Topic #3162 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

I don't think they will get past the 2nd round next year but they might get to the conference finals in a couple of years. For phili to be a real force they need a big strong centre.!!! or someone that can rake in boards like a B Wallace, but sorry Phili he's with the Pistons.

Reply #36498 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The 76ers will continue to make the playoff on the back of Iverson, but I'll go with Bizzy on this one, and say they won't get past the first or second rounds. Do people honestly believe that there are enough shots in a game of basketball to keep AI, Monster Mash, and Webber happy.... no way, and I don't think any of these three would be happy to take a back seat ride.

Personally I think the trade for Webber was dumb. They gave up too much in Thomas, Skinner and Williamson, and funnily enough Thomas and Skinner were to two bangers. Something they are missing now. Dalembert is good, but needs some help.

They haven't got a draft pick, and really they haven't got much bait to try and trade for a pick. No-one is going to take Webber with his gimpy knees and contract, plus the teams that could afford Iverson, he wouldn't want to play for. They would be retarded to trade Willie Green, Korver, Dalembert of Iguodala.

76ers will be an average eastern conference team next season.

Reply #36524 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

they will go as far as they can until they hit a the dead end road.

Reply #36601 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

not sure, i can see big things in iguodala. Massive athlete who could find a good spot in the team. Webber and mashburn have to concede that its Iversons team and work with him.

Maybe need some good low post stalwarts.

Who knows they got a good base for improvement

Reply #36603 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

They will make the final 8 again, but if they cant get there hands on another big man we will never become a finals contender. look at the team they had in 2001, Mutumbo, Iverson, Snow. Dalembert is great dont get me wrong but he is only young, we need a veteran big man someone that has played the game, this is what i think is needed to bring Philly closer to the finals.

Iverson and C-Webb along with a Center would be even better to see.

Reply #36785 | Report this post

sum1 from south..  
Years ago

ALLEN IVERSON!!!!!!!!! I LOVE DAT BOY!

Reply #36809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754