Anonymous
Years ago

Joe Ingles Sets Sights on NBA

I have come across this article that states that Joe Ingles is going to test the waters in the off season and he is quoted "There's some NBA teams that have shown a lot of interest" so what are his chances of landing a contract?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/aussie-olympian-joe-ingles-sets-sights-on-nba/story-fnanosvn-1226638953286

Topic #31638 | Report this topic

Raichu  
Years ago

Decoration player. Good on him if he lands a contract. Don't mean he's learnt anything from his time at Barca!
Too good for NBL

Reply #418315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He'll need to trial very well and have a few hot shooting days. Rare for an NBA club to pick up a 26 year old bit player from overseas, even from the Euroleague.

Joe does have a bit of spunk about him on good days so who knows.

Reply #418317 | Report this post

igitmadskills  
Years ago

his game is more suited to NBA over euro. good luck to him. the more aussies in the NBA the better

Reply #418324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think he'll make it. Watched him a lot at the Dragons. Big fan, but being really good at most things but not great won't get you to the NBA. Probably 100 kids coming out of college who can do what he does and are 5 years younger. Good Euro team seems about right for him.

Reply #418325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

him playing for the dragons was along time ago . Watched a few play-off euro games lately and it seems that he isn't moving well off the ball ( please correct if I 'm wrong maybe coaches directions regarding spacing ) . He is suited to the up and down of the NBA . Hoping he makes it though . Good bloke .

Reply #418330 | Report this post

Raichu  
Years ago

How did he go against Lebron at the olympics?

Reply #418334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are we judging Joe on how well he did guarding LeBron at the Olympics ?? Sorry mate didn't know he was in the team to shut down LeBron . I mean can you tell me any NBA All-Stars have done that .

Reply #418337 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Everyone probably want's to have on their resume played in the NBA. Not sure he'll make it but I wish him the best.

Reply #418342 | Report this post

Raichu  
Years ago

Is Lebron not the best player in the world?
Is the purpose of playing in the nba , to play against the best in the world?
If ingles was still in the NBL the 3peat would never have happend. Maybe the first championship but not the last two
He's a great player, no doubt . Destroys the Tall Blacks with his length and skills

Reply #418344 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

I Hope Joe gets his NBA contract, he can play! there are hundreds if not thousands of kids across the US that have so much more talent but bad attitudes and work ethic don't take them to the next level.

Reply #418352 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Shooting at a 50% from the field and 39% from 3 and also at 81% FT is certainly not going hurt his chances! Go get em Joey Joe Joe

Reply #418418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

44% from the field.

Reply #418423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also have my sights set on the NBA!

Reply #418432 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754